Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Today's "WTF?": Wal-Mart getting wine vending machines

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 09:12 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

up till last year our walmart wasnt allowed to sell alcohol, and now that it is allowed sales are only allowed from 10 in the morning till 10 at night... then the isle is locked down (literally)

Old 12-09-2010, 10:33 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Exactly. Wal-mart is just a convenient place to make money. I saw something on the news about this vending machine nonsense. There's a state worker manning every one of these machines from a remote location. It scans your ID, sends the info to the worker, and he compares your pic to the one on the camera in front of you. Then they breathalyze your ***.
Buncha chit if you ask me. I'd never use one. They can go **** themselves.
Plus, I hardly ever drink wine.... and I'd probably never pass the breathalyzer anyway. LOL... j/k

So no, that's not me in that pic.

Our state has the dumbest, most archaic liquor laws.
Did you know in PA that you can't carry more than a 12pack from a bar at a time?? You can buy every bottle of beer/malt in the bar as long as you carry it out to your car one 12pack at a time.
And yes, liquor must be purchased at a state store. Every one I know of closes at 9pm every night. (and they're closed on sundays.)
I just stop in maryland if I need something. The prices are always a few $ cheaper anyway.
Lol - here in Louisiana, we have drive-thru liquor stores and daiquiri places. As long as they don't put the straw in the lid on the styrofoam cup it isn't considered open-container, lol.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Here in reno... its anything anytime where you want walmart, kmart, liquor stores, gas stations... nevada = best drinking state ever

Old 12-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Originally Posted by __Z__
up till last year our walmart wasnt allowed to sell alcohol, and now that it is allowed sales are only allowed from 10 in the morning till 10 at night... then the isle is locked down (literally)
I want to see a picture or it doesn't happen