Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Title Prize Fighter in contention

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Title Prize Fighter in contention

Scenario that a family member faces:

So on my way to becoming the next world MotoGP star I've come to a crossroad. So my team wants to go over to an MV Augusta. I told them I want to ride a CBR, but they insist that we would have more marketability if we related to the 25-40 years of age categorie. I tell them that going up to that age level doesn't necessarily insure an instant hit on the MotoGP world and people want to see bikes that they can AFFORD being used to their full potential, not just a rich kid driving his dads viper. I'm a humble person and am going to fight this. So if it were you guys, and your team wants to put you on a euro bike but you are a loyal HONDA rider(it's what you started with and it's whats gotten you this far) how do you explain to them without them seeking a new rider that is 'willing' to SELL OUT just to race. I mean what should I do here? Seems like I have a bit of pride swallowing to do, but I'm NOT going to bend over my brothers...

Old 12-14-2006, 01:05 PM
Default RE: Title Prize Fighter in contention

Scenario in the heartland..
Middle aged steelworker toiling day in and day out 60 hrs a week to support a family and find time to raise a son in a world where everyone needs to have their 15 minutes of fame.Im sure youll figure out what u really want to do and im sure that if you rode off into the sunset on a euro none of us would really give a flyin (*^%*
...alot more of us middle class than all you rich ()(&^( care to believe...woo woo woo...

It would be like me coming here and saying ive got 1 million dollars how should i spend it and then turn around to mention i didnt really give a )(&^& what any of u thought.
But ya see in this day and age its status quo to rub it in and in closing i dont really care..would love to see ya follow in the Kentucky Kid's shoes but either way.. good luck..

And remember say no to MTV its ruining the next generation as we speak..

Rant Off

Old 12-14-2006, 03:35 PM

idk why your so pissed off, you sound like my wife, bitching about work the way that you are. Who here DOESN'T work for a living? If you think your a unique and special snow-flake steelworker then reality check bud, there are many more jobs that would make yours seem like a massage therapist to the playboy mansion. Try raising 3 kids and sending 2 off to college, and then have the heartbreak of having a son sent to iraq to die. I'm not rich and I do work for a living, on average doubleshifts almost every day. What I choose to invest in apart of the american dream. Yeah I said it, the AMERICAN Dream, where people don't bitch about work on a forum to people that are supposed to be a support system for bikers. Take your mid-life crisis elsewhere and don't post on my threads anymore freek.

Old 12-14-2006, 03:58 PM

If you CANT race without going to the MV then the choice is made. But if you still have the means to race whether you switch bikes or not, then just choose what you want.

Old 12-14-2006, 05:07 PM

This is an important decicion mate. its an issue that needs some time to sink in and probably a series of conversations with ur team bro!
Think- what will be the impact on me, where do I want to go, are you sure your riding for your ultimate team? Why do you ride? for loyalty, love or to win??? The only advice i can give you is to just follow your heart mate and Im sure everything will work out fine!!!!!

Old 12-14-2006, 08:45 PM

do what it takes to win!!!!winning is what moves you through the ranks!!
winning has better marketability than brand
anyway,good luck

o8

Old 12-15-2006, 05:51 AM

I think certain principals arent even almost worth hanging on to and they hurt you more than you would like to think. You're not in charge of selling the bikes so ride what you can get. Life will be way tougher if you stick to a honda here. And if you still wanna please yourself you can. You will get a lot of respect when you can get an Agusta but you spend all your money on a honda.

Old 12-15-2006, 09:16 AM

well as for brand and who you are trying to reach.Think of it this way.how many mv's you see compared to honda???Not many mv's out there.On a side note bro ride whatever you want/can.I still respect ya as long as it's on 2 wheels