Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

tired of idiot drivers !

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 04:03 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tired of idiot drivers !

ok so this is the 4th time in 2 days that ive almost been hit/ ran of the road because of idiot *** drivers who either come into my lane while im still there or who decide they dont see me and then at the last minute lock up their wheels and luckily i have been able to react and get outta the way. im just so pissed about it . im sure other people out there experience this same thing especially if you live in a more cluster **** city . im here in sacramento and its usually not bad traffic but lately just these drivers are crazy. its like they dont see me / hear me . even though i make sure i stay in their line of sight and i use my high beam , next step is an exhaust but i dont know if that will help any!?!? anyone who had this same problem did it help for you when u put an exhaust on (helping other drivers notice you more) [sm=rant.gif]

thanks for reading haha

Old 08-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Default RE: tired of idiot drivers !

Dude I was just going to post about this too! On my way to work today I almost got hit and ran off the road three times! First I'm driving 5 over down the road and this fat lady in a minivan talking on her cell phone comes flying out of her street and slams on the brakes skiding her tires. Then she's tailgating me and we come to a stop and we're waiting for maybe 20 seconds at a green light and I'm going to go around a semi who is waiting for the person in front of him to turn left. I look in my mirror see no one is coming and put on my turn signal and start to go into the right lane when all of a sudden I hear screeching tires and the moron in the minivan flies by me. I had to swerve back and ended up stopping maybe a foot away from the rear of the semi. So then I look again and no one is coming and I procede to go around the semi. Well half way around him he freakin decides to go into that lane too! I'm like WTF?!?!?!? I thought he was trying to turn right but he didn't have his directional on. So I slam on my brakes and I'm right up against the curb stopped waiting for this jerk off to hit me or make me jump off my bike. He got withing probably 6" from my handlebars I had to lean the bike to the right and I thought my foot might get run over by his tires. OMG I hate people!!!!!

Mike

PS I think I will start my own country with only motorcycle drivers and hot chicks.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:39 PM

I know what you mean..It happens to me all the time in the summer because I live in a big tourist area...it sucks.
About the exhust helpin you out...its not really going to make a difference. You can really only hear it if you are behind or to the side...but the idiots that cut in front of you really arent going to hear it. You just have to ride like you are invivible. Ride like everyone is out to get you. Thats why I really dont ride around town anymore...it sucks. I just go out on my favorite backroads away from everyhting and ride it like it was meant to be. Just be careful out there.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the idea for the country... but I think one improvement would be buses... easy to pass and would keep most of the idiots off of the road. I agree no cars. Lots of hot chicks can't ride and I wouldn't want them to not go out.

We'll also have to do something about the climate... around here snow is a bit of a motorcycle deterant.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:42 PM

Quote Snowboarding82:
I think I will start my own country with only motorcycle drivers and hot chicks.:Quote

Then, you'll have to deal with the idiots on thier stretched and lowered with Nos Busa's doing the same thing that semi did!

I'm all for the island with hot chicks though!!

And, as to the pipe helping, yeah, it helps, as long as you keep the rpm's higher. If you're cruising with low rpm's, a pipe doesn't really do anything. In heavy traffic, I try to stay in 3rd gear. Keeps the rpms up and is pretty close to the power band.

Tylor

Old 08-16-2006, 04:50 PM

Ya I know what you mean too. On my way to work this morning I was approaching some lights riding in the right lane and the dude beside me starts coming into my lane...no blinker or anything! I had to pull into the right turning lane and pass him to get by without running into anyone waiting to cross the street. He speeds up and when I look back at him to see what the hell is going on he slows down and waves me in looking all pissed off like I am doing something wrong cutting in front of him. I was so angry. He is putting mine and others lives in risk and he is mad at me!!! Times like these when I feel like stopping my bike in the middle of the intersection and smashing out every single one of his windows. Lucky for him I was late for work!

Old 08-16-2006, 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: cbrjeeper

Quote Snowboarding82:
I think I will start my own country with only motorcycle drivers and hot chicks.:Quote

Then, you'll have to deal with the idiots on thier stretched and lowered with Nos Busa's doing the same thing that semi did!

I'm all for the island with hot chicks though!!

And, as to the pipe helping, yeah, it helps, as long as you keep the rpm's higher. If you're cruising with low rpm's, a pipe doesn't really do anything. In heavy traffic, I try to stay in 3rd gear. Keeps the rpms up and is pretty close to the power band.

Tylor
+1 sign me up....cuz as long as cars and bikes have to share the streets, there will be incidents

Old 08-16-2006, 05:49 PM

sometimes i just wish we could ride peacfully without worrying about some idiot tryin to kill us. its such a beautiful day out today here in Sac and i wanan leave now like an hour before i have to be @ work just so i can ride but alot of teh roads are havign construction done and somedays it just doesnt feel worth it ... that island is sounding nice

Old 08-16-2006, 06:06 PM

+10 for the Country!!!

I know exactly how you guys feel. I long time ago some jackass slamed into me on the highway. It was during heavy traffic and everyone was slowing down to about 35. This jackass cuts in right behind me still doing 65+. The worst part is he didn't slam on his brakes until almost 250 feet after he hit me. You could see the skid mark from my back tire (it was trapt under his car) start about 250 feet before his skid marks. And then he doesn't even get out of the car to see if I'm alive, luckly other cagers helped.

After that I learned always watch my rear views, although I don't think it would have helped at that time.

Ride like everyone is out to get you!!

Old 08-16-2006, 06:13 PM

ORIGINAL: 2006CBR1000RR
Ride like everyone is out to get you!!
i think this is going to be my new signature its soo true

Quick Reply: tired of idiot drivers !