Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tips on how to get away from a traffic ticket!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips on how to get away from a traffic ticket!

well some of you guys might know, i got a speeding ticket a couple of weeks ago. I tried talking my way out of it but the cop wouldnt budge. And i got another ticket today for not stopping completely at a stop sign in my car, and this happened in the school parking lot! I told him i didnt see it and that i was late for work and asked if he could give me a warning. I even told him i recently had a speeding ticket which im going to court tomorrow to get it taken care of, but he still wrote me up! Damn Pigs! this is by far the worst month for me since i also dropped my baby.

Well anyway, Has anyone gotten pulled over and got away with a warning? What did you guys say? Any tips would be great for future reference!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:44 PM

Don't talk or answer any questions, it gets written down on the ticket and will be used against you.
"I'm late" =Admission of guilt
And the cop doesnt care, you should have left earlier

The only time that I ever speak is if they ask if I have ever been pulled over before, I'll say yes for a stop sign violation or something else retarded

Also, go to court... say to the court that you will be more than happy to pay any fine but you just really would like to have the points stricken

...hope these few tips help!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:58 PM

thanks!

Old 04-16-2009, 12:44 PM

Dang man you are not having a good spring so far, i hope everything goes better and good luck at court.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont speed or do anything else to get a ticket lol

try talking to the judge b4 court n he may not apply points long as you pay the fine.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:10 PM

I've always hired an attorney, and since in Illinois, they have places to be, the judge normally hears the case first, and then dismisses it, versus taking it any further, so I've been pulled over twice, and gotten four tickets, and only a maintenance one stays on my record. In and out in about 20 minutes too.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

My first thought was "...get away..."
bad idea though unless you have ***** the size of Jupiter or an attorney with gods phone number.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:32 PM

I got pulled over twice in one week in my truck for supposedly "speeding" and "opening the throttle" which...I didn't do. But I do have a fairly loud exhaust.

Scenario 1: This driver was making a right turn into a store from the main street and right turn lanes are significantly bigger than the 1st hand so that you can PULL OVER to the side to make the right turn. But, this retard driver doesn't feel like pulling over to the side and instead decides to stop the traffic flow by coming to a complete stop in the middle of the road to make the right turn. I was right behind the car in my truck so it made it seem like I came to a complete stop for no reason to the people behind me. When the guy in front of me made a right turn and got out of my way I was frustrated so I went from 0 to around 30mph and during my acceleration I got pulled over for "speeding".

Scenario 2: There are 2 GIANT dips in one intersection so everyone slows down before the intersection. I went through the intersection slowly and when I passed the dips I started accelerating and got pulled over during acceleration for "opening the throttle".

Seems like my exhaust gives the false impression that I'm going fast even though I rarely take it above 2.5k RPMs. I hadn't even reached the limit of 40mph when I got pulled over both times. Either way, I got off both times without a ticket

1_put your hands on the steering wheel
2_have your license and registration ready
3_don't look away from him when he talks to you
4_keep eye contact when talking to him
5_try not to talk, just answer his questions
6_don't plead

Hope that helps btw. I worked at the sheriff station for about 3 years lol

Old 04-16-2009, 04:51 PM

thanks dominate. doing those steps gives me a chance to get away with a warning?

Old 04-16-2009, 08:55 PM

Ok they are just cops. I just talk to them like anyone else and usually admit what I did wrong. I have never said, I wasn't going that fast, or I didn't do that, or my favorite, is your radar gun calibrated? I have made it home with a few less tickets that way. Just own what you did.

Quick Reply: Tips on how to get away from a traffic ticket!