Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

In time for Halloween: Whats your favorite horror movie?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: In time for Halloween: What's your favorite horror movie?

I bought silent hill yesterday. Havent seen it in years and wish I could add it to this list but it just wasnt scary. Cool, but not scary. The games (1 & 2 are the only silent hill games according to most folks) were psychological and make your **** your pants scary. The movie wasnt even "make you jump" scary.

Old 10-26-2008, 01:36 AM
Default RE: In time for Halloween: What's your favorite horror movie?

Silence of the Lambs.

Misery.

More of the suspenseful scary, rather than the gory scary.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DONT USE APOSTROPHES IN SUBJECT LINES PLEASE

Never saw A Clockwork Orange but I see that one listed as another Kubrick favorite on many top horror movie film lists.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Default RE: DONT USE APOSTROPHES IN SUBJECT LINES PLEASE

Anyone ever see the Exorcism of Emily Rose? Watch that move in the dark with 5.1 surround sound. Will freak you out!

Based on a true story of this woman:

Anneliese Michel

A Catholic woman who was said to be possessed by demons and subsequently underwent an exorcism in the 70's.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:33 PM

Do not really have a favorite. Some newer horror movies that were scary:
Saw (1-4)
Hostel (1,2)
Vacancy
High Tension
Reeker

Old 10-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

Never saw A Clockwork Orange but I see that one listed as another Kubrick favorite on many top horror movie film lists.
Not scary, but absolutely amazing! One of my top five of all times! I would have to say either The Exorcist or the original Night of the Living Dead. I saw both of those at about 8-9 within several months of eachother, and I have been scarred ever since!

Old 10-27-2008, 06:53 PM

^^ I though the exorcist was more funny than it was scary.

'LET JESUS **** YOU' LMAO!!

Old 10-27-2008, 07:06 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

Not scary, but absolutely amazing! One of my top five of all times! I would have to say either The Exorcist or the original Night of the Living Dead. I saw both of those at about 8-9 within several months of eachother, and I have been scarred ever since!

Im going to have to check that movie out .. I think Ive seen bits and pieces of it already .. I think the horror buffs say its scary not in the gory sense but in the demented sense; like when Kubrick takes a normally very happy song and plays it behind the sadistic rape scene.

The Exorcist made me pee a little because I was very young and innocent when I saw it ... I think that was the first horror movie I saw .. either that one or Friday the 13th (cant remember) but Friday the 13th had more of a comical flavor imo .. but had one of the best suspense music clips .. che che che cha cha cha ... really wasnt scary, but that music made the hairs on your neck stand up

Old 10-27-2008, 08:16 PM

still yet to see a "scary" movie that i like. Mostly they are just gross, the one that really sticks out in my head was cabin fever, that was sick. But i continue to see them all the time because girls love scary movies and it doesnt hurt when i can download them for free and have a girl in my bed watching a movie. cuts out half the work for me.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:33 PM
Retired Moderator

If we where talking about suspense moreso than horror, I*d have to say The Sixth Sense is on the list as one of my favorites .. when the scene with the boy walking through the hall with a shot gun hole in the back of his head came up .. my g/f just slowly got up, grabbed her jacket and popcorn and walked out of the theater. Didn*t say a word to me hahaha .. I knew it was a winner right then and there.

Quick Reply: In time for Halloween: Whats your favorite horror movie?