Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Time to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Time to buy?

as long as you have the title you dont even need to to get this guy involved in the paper work quite honestly. or if he has the bill of sale along with pink slip fromprevious buyer he can give you a bill of sale written from him along with the pink and the original bill of sale.. its not as complicated a syou think or sounds.. ive done this plenty of times

Old 10-23-2008, 05:53 AM

Unfortunately, I am helping to complicate things as well. You see, I have to finance part of this buy. That means, my bank needs a condition report of the bike and needs the name of the person selling (apparently to make sure they're not a terrorist) I don't think this arrangement is ok with the bank, and the guy says he can contact the previous owner, but that the situation in becoming a headache. He said he is willing to title it in his name so it can work. It just costs $50 more. The guy seems like he isn't hustling me, but that just may be because he's a good hustler.

Advice ASAP would be appreciated. I'm starting to get antsy, and I don't want to make a ****ty decision here.

Also, I saw a decent F4i yesterday. It's yellow and black, and has never been down. 17,600 mi $3,800. It's missing the net and ties (under the reat seat), and missing the bar ends, but I have my old chrome f-2 bar ends, which I think fit. Also, it has an integrated taillight, but a bit of a hack job on the old fender. It needs throttle cable adjustment, because it won't return on it's own. Meaning, the throttle sticks and doesn't throttle down without rotating it manually. He is supposed to fix this. The chain and sprocket are in decent shape, but loose, and the chain needs lubed pretty badly, because the bike has been sitting for months. Oh, It needs a new front tire, and the rear is an oversized (190) shiko (sp). There are a couple af hairline cracks in the farings. One is at a mounting point, and the other is right under the tail in the center where the taillight probably cracked it during replacement. He Came down from 4,400 to this price. He owes 4,200 still. I'm thinking that it's not worth the work, but the price isn't bad. I'd have to replace the rear tire. I guarantee that it won't turn very well with that oversized rubber on back. Don't have a pic.

There's a black/silver one that looks great in the pic, has a micron pipe, and only has 7,400 mi. He wants 4,500 firm:

Old 10-23-2008, 06:36 AM

My own thread is starting to annoy me. Sorry guys, but I don't have anyone else to bounce ideas off of. Anyway, here'a another:

CBR 929 RR 2000 16,XXX miles always garaged and maintenance. Honda oil and filter every time, lots of new parts bike does have a rebuilt title it was that way when I bought it never had a problem runs and rides great. Bike is ready to ride, I also have the hardback version of the Hayes manual to go with it paid over $60 for it.
New stuff I have put on:
-RC racing and chain Vortex sprockets OEM teeth gearing
-Pirelli Tire rear
-Harris grips (cbr logo)
-Chrome bar ends
-flush mount signals
-Has two oem wind screens one black, other clear
-Yuasa battery
-K&N filter
-Two bros racing carbon fiber slip on muffler (real carbon fiber)
-NGK iridium spark plugs $15 bucks a piece
I may be forgetting a few things, this bike has never been stunted, I just never have time to ride the bike has all original plastic left side a very minor scratches (I have pics) I touched up a small black spot with Honda paint, bike is very fast. Please email with questions
$3,900