Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ticket for cornering too low

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ticket for cornering too low

i dont think you could get a ticket for leaning over too far unless you were speeding. if your doing the posted limit on a corner, you wont be leaned over too far anyway.

i got stopped for Excessive Acceleration down main street once in my 71 monte Carlo. maybe the 3" dual exhaust with headers gave me away?

Old 05-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

That would be a silly ticket that, if ever given to me, I would fight the hell out of.

Reminds me of a ticket my friend got in high school for "accelerating too hard." He didn't go above the speed limit, he just apparently used too much throttle to get there. My natural response to the cop would have been "What is the acceleration limit sir?"
In Texas its called Exhibition of Acceleration.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: madgreek

Most curves have a posted speed limit that'slower thanthe limit on the straight aways. If you're leaning a great deal in the turn, you must have the momentum to carry you through the turn without tipping over, i.e. you're speeding. So technically, yes, you could get pulled over for leaning too far, but it would actually be a speeding ticket.
That's not correct. Those signs you see posted are YELLOW and are SUGGESTED SPEEDS. Yellow signs are only warning signs. White signs that display speeds are the only ones that are actually law.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:52 AM

I have a friend who got one. I dont know what the ticket actually said. But it was just for cornering to low. No speed or anything else. He talked to a lawyer and they got it dropped. Something about a cop not being a lean angle professional...

Old 05-08-2008, 12:11 PM

I haven't been stopped yet and I hang off pretty regularly. Next time I have one following me, I'll get the knee out there and see how they react.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Retired Moderator

As long as you aren't speeding, I don't think of a way it could hold up in court. You don't need excessive speed to get to the edge of your tires. I mean, you can easily full-lean your bike at under 25 mph, but unless a cop feels like being a monster of a dick, I don't think of a way a ticket like that would stick.

Old 05-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Without speeding I say no. And I know for a fact you can get at full lean at 20mph, and prolly even a lil less.

And I have been leaned purdy good with cops looking on b4, and all I got were those 'Oh we'll be scrapping him up in a bit' looks, but I wasnt over the posted limits so...

Old 05-09-2008, 02:55 PM

ORIGINAL: shoortbuss

ORIGINAL: madgreek

Most curves have a posted speed limit that'slower thanthe limit on the straight aways. If you're leaning a great deal in the turn, you must have the momentum to carry you through the turn without tipping over, i.e. you're speeding. So technically, yes, you could get pulled over for leaning too far, but it would actually be a speeding ticket.
That's not correct. Those signs you see posted are YELLOW and are SUGGESTED SPEEDS. Yellow signs are only warning signs. White signs that display speeds are the only ones that are actually law.
Like he said those are only suggested speeds/warning signs that you may need to slow down.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:17 PM

you can get a ticket for dragging knee...

Old 05-09-2008, 05:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Tahoe SC

you can get a ticket for dragging knee...
I think I would frame that ticket

Quick Reply: ticket for cornering too low