Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

thread got bounced

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 12:34 PM
TEN
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: thread got bounced

Right- but there's no censorship when it comes to posting images of crashes complete with gore!

It's a perfect example of "Click it if you want to see it"... "Don't click it if you're offended."
damn compulady...laying the smack down for us hethens

Whatdid the five fingers say to the face? (((((((((SMACK))))))))))))[sm=smiley20.gif]

GOTCHA.

I've read about 25% of it, got a little too long to sit here at work and read it all! I didn't know that was "the one" though!

Retired Moderator

Really, this is just a motorcycle forum. We are not solving the mysteries of the universe,it is not like "the man" is getting us down, it is not like we are jaded protestors ata peace rally...so the admins want it toned down a bit from the last thread...who cares? No one's civil rights have been violated, I promise!

Old 02-07-2007, 12:38 PM

ORIGINAL: TEN

D2M....no issue. Just seems a bit stern. Maybe we can meet up sometime for a ride in Panama City. I know some pretty good roads.

Compulady.....good point!!! All of us do need to horse around sometimes. (attention: this was in no way a sexual innuendo...the term "horse around" was meant in a simple and innocent way to describe "teasing" "playing around" orharmless flirting.....which could also be contsrtued as sexual....but isn't in this case. Thank you)
Thats fine. I am not trying to be an **** either. Just trying to keep both sides as mutually happy as possible. Please dont shoot the messenger! I just dont want this to turn into a war between people or the mods. Know what I mean??? All as I was saying is try to keep it civil. I know everyone needs to hang loose every know and then. Not sayihng you shouldnt. So, sorry about the misunderstanding if I came across as a ****. I applogize.

(I'll be in PC on Mch 12th)

Old 02-07-2007, 01:15 PM

Oh, one more thing to add:
I have NOT read the rules of the forum (yes, I do feel shame). However, if stuff like this:
https://cbrforum.com/fb.asp?m=217613
is posted and no one got their boxers/briefs/panties in a bunch, then I don't understand what the big dealis with a little "sex talk". OK, maybe it was a lot of sex talk - but that's besides the point!

My point is that ANYONE can get "offended" for ANYTHING at ANY TIME. I wasn't bothered by KID3's response to my posts - **** it was his opinion (albeit a scary one) and he's entitled to that. But are we to walk around onpins and needlesall the time now in fear of offending someone andfacing the wrath of the mods? [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 02-07-2007, 01:21 PM

I am not sure what you are getting at, because I am not sure who was the target there. Anyways, there is no wrath of the mods, its just trying to keep this civil. The thing being. Noone complain about that thread you just posted. People did aboutthe other one which was locked.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:40 PM

Sorry D2M, let me explain a little more:

My point was that someone could have been offended or complained about KID's post - but we didn't. I could have easily said "Hey this guy is preaching all kinds of whacky things and it needs to stop - I'm offended by his remarks." Instead I ignored him and his ideas and went on with things. No harm done to anyone.

So I think that instead of being quick to raise the "Politically Correct Flag" - maybe we just need to learn how to ignore the things we don't agree with andenjoy a little more freedom to say some off-color things from time to time. But NOT all the time.

And I know there is no "wrath of the mods"... it was just a way to say that I think the rules were applied rather strictlyto that thread.

Old 02-07-2007, 01:42 PM

comon eclipse, just get rid of this one while it is still 3 pages instead of 30, and get together with don, and create a new thread for "useless talk about nothing"

Old 02-07-2007, 03:15 PM

ORIGINAL: jjkukla

Sorry D2M, let me explain a little more:

My point was that someone could have been offended or complained about KID's post - but we didn't. I could have easily said "Hey this guy is preaching all kinds of whacky things and it needs to stop - I'm offended by his remarks." Instead I ignored him and his ideas and went on with things. No harm done to anyone.

So I think that instead of being quick to raise the "Politically Correct Flag" - maybe we just need to learn how to ignore the things we don't agree with andenjoy a little more freedom to say some off-color things from time to time. But NOT all the time.

And I know there is no "wrath of the mods"... it was just a way to say that I think the rules were applied rather strictlyto that thread.
Hey now....I was looking in the best interest of other members. Like I said, this is one forum where ladies feel comfortable and I need to watch for that. After I closed that thread I did get a thank you from a member who was annoied with that thread and I also got messaged by someone else who pointed out that members were somewhat picking on another member....granted I didn't read all the mess, but I felt like it had to be stopped. No member should ever feel uncomfortable posting here. By no means are we going to haunt the site with rules, but I asked that we keep it clean. Not only can we offend other members with trash talk, but our vendors as well.

Old 02-07-2007, 03:31 PM

Oh I agree with you pits - there does need to be some police-ing here or else it would be total chaos. And you did what you felt like you had to. But if you recall the whole "I Hate James Blunt" thing - well some people (mods and us lowly members) can get carried away with their comments and their "power" to shut threads down and modify posts.
I'm not trying to create any problems - just playing devil's advocate.

Like I said before, I thinkpeople just need to learn how ignore the thingsthey don't like. So if you don't like: sex talk,pictures of people cut in half or a picture of an Indianapolis Colts playerkneeling behind a certain quarterback from the Chicago Bears who is bent over at the waist in an apparent "homosexual act", well then DON'T LOOK. Run away and never come back to that thread- kinda like Uncle Scar told Simba

Sorry, just my thoughts. Not trying to **** anyone off.

Quick Reply: thread got bounced