Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

thread got bounced

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: thread got bounced

Did you know that if the universe were perfectly flat, you would be able to look ahead of you and see your back in the distance?

Old 02-06-2007, 11:57 PM

Alright. Well, I dont know what is going on here, but everyone got their points across, but there is no reason to keep it going where some people are going to feel disrespected. There original thread went from an interesting "off" topic, into a bunch or usless, and to some, disrespectful chatter. I understand some of your views. If you dont want to read it, dont look. Well, with the title, people were not expecting what was in there. I have recieved several PM's to stop what was going on, as well as were others, but it was let go as far as it was going to get. Now there are two new threads started trying to start more crap. I am not, neither are others, trying to crap on anyones parade, but there is a sense of "off topic" post, and then there is a point of being flat out disrespectful. Mind you this is a motorcycle forum, but there is a place for off topic posts. But something that went to 30+ pages of useless, yet amusing to some, post which offended some people needed to be stopped and not started up again. That was the whole point of shutting it down. If you want to talk about that stuff, go right ahead, but do it in PM's where no one could possibly be offended. I know I know, if you dont want to read it dont look, yet, how would you like if I was beating you dog on the street corner. Hey if you dont like it, dont look. Thats my point. In no way am I trying to be an ***, but this thing doesnt need to go on. Everyone needs to have fun yes, but not at other people expense. No it may not be directly, however, there were quite a few people offended. I hope none of this detures people from participating on the site, but lets keep it within reason please.

All as I am saying is keep it clean keep EVERYONES views, opinion, and feelins in mind. I know a few of you will hate me know, but I just wanted to view my opinion.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:14 AM
TEN

SometimesI just can't think of the words....

[sm=smiley35.gif]

Old 02-07-2007, 10:44 AM

What's the issue???? All that was stated that if this one gets out of hand as well, thesame thing is going to happen. Thats all I said. You can go ahead and make a thread with 40 pages, I dont care, but it isnt going to be on the same topic. If thats that big of an issue, let me know

Old 02-07-2007, 12:19 PM

Wow... I take a week off from the forum and all hell broke loose. So to cure my withdrawal issues I return here to get some enlightenment andentertainment and find this!?!?!? I'm sad to say I never even laid eyes on the thread that "got bounced".

I can see both sides of the coin, both opinions: 1) We don't want to offend anyone or discourage visitors from joining the forum; and 2)Allowing us to havethe freedom to say what we want to say (after all it is "Off Topic", not to mentiona little something called "The Bill of Rights"). Now I don't want to start a debate about freedom of speech and how that freedom should only apply in certain instances (I've been lectured on this before - pitsvtec knows what and who I am talking about ).

However I do want to say one thing - this forum and the topics contained herein are rather tame when you compare it to other forums. I think we all do a great job in not posting distasteful anddisrespectful threads - which I cannot say about some of the more "local" forums. So if we take the liberty, on occasion, to go off the deep end and post something that could be considered controversial or begin some serious smack talkin' then I think we should be allowed to - even a dog gets a treat for his good behavior.

So if you don't like what you see or if you disagree with something, then comment and speak your mind. Or better yet, DON'T READ IT AT ALL. You do have a choice here - at least I think you do

Old 02-07-2007, 12:25 PM

geeze

Old 02-07-2007, 12:25 PM
TEN

D2M....no issue. Just seems a bit stern. Maybe we can meet up sometime for a ride in Panama City. I know some pretty good roads.

Compulady.....good point!!! All of us do need to horse around sometimes. (attention: this was in no way a sexual innuendo...the term "horse around" was meant in a simple and innocent way to describe "teasing" "playing around" orharmless flirting.....which could also be contsrtued as sexual....but isn't in this case. Thank you)

Old 02-07-2007, 12:31 PM
TEN

jjkukla....the thread that "got bounced" was the "what do you think about female riders" thread. The one that was 32 pages long. It was shut down for inappropriateness and apparent jibberish. It's an interesting read if you get the opportunity.

Quick Reply: thread got bounced