Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

For those who has taken a spill/wiped out and got hurt

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006 | 06:36 PM
Rev
|
Default RE: For those who has taken a spill/wiped out and got hurt

ORIGINAL: menefreghista

hey man
glad to hear you're ok
and that you got the spirit to come back w/an even hotter sexier ride

Yeah defenitly..my girlfriend aka pitsvtec on this board had a bad spill in early summer...she was itching to fix up her bike better then before and she got ride of the month..gotta get back up when u fall

Old 01-06-2006 | 11:39 AM

Rev,

Sorry to hear about your crash. Wishing you a fast n full recovery. Be safe and enjoy riding.

Regards,

maakif

Old 01-06-2006 | 08:11 PM
Retired Mod

sorry to hear about the wreck rev. but im damn glad to hear that you will be fine and that the black beauty is coming back better than ever! i dont know anything about the easier clutch thing but i do know about wrist/hand surgury. i went down hard on a dirtbike when i was 18 and broke 3 bones on the top of my hand, 2 fingers, broken ulna, dislocated wrist, and pinched nerve in the wrist. all on the right hand and arm. i had 2 pins and 5 screws. it sucked and took almost a year to get all the way back to full strength. not telling you this to scare you but to tell you how important physical therapy is. i skipped it for the first few months and my mobility went down to about 5%. i thought it was done forever. it took me 3 times as long as it probably would have if i would have started therapy when the doctor suggested. but everything is fine now. still some nerve problems and arthritis but nothing worth keeping me off the bike. depending on the severity of your injuries, you should be back on the bike by the time it gets warm enough to ride. good luck and im really looking forward to seeing the new and improved pics of the bike!

Old 01-06-2006 | 11:29 PM

hey rev what did you decide on that clutch helper? i was wondering if u might get it or if you found anything else out about it (good or bad)

Old 01-07-2006 | 09:17 PM
Rev
|

ORIGINAL: NINE2NINE

sorry to hear about the wreck rev. but im damn glad to hear that you will be fine and that the black beauty is coming back better than ever! i dont know anything about the easier clutch thing but i do know about wrist/hand surgury. i went down hard on a dirtbike when i was 18 and broke 3 bones on the top of my hand, 2 fingers, broken ulna, dislocated wrist, and pinched nerve in the wrist. all on the right hand and arm. i had 2 pins and 5 screws. it sucked and took almost a year to get all the way back to full strength. not telling you this to scare you but to tell you how important physical therapy is. i skipped it for the first few months and my mobility went down to about 5%. i thought it was done forever. it took me 3 times as long as it probably would have if i would have started therapy when the doctor suggested. but everything is fine now. still some nerve problems and arthritis but nothing worth keeping me off the bike. depending on the severity of your injuries, you should be back on the bike by the time it gets warm enough to ride. good luck and im really looking forward to seeing the new and improved pics of the bike!

**** bro sorry about that but it's good information..thanks for the info...i'm not skipping therapy at all...anyway...also when i get the clutch i'll let you guys know

Old 01-07-2006 | 10:00 PM

Rev, that freekin sucks bout the crash..least ur here to talk about it.. Wishing aquick and STRONG recovery

Old 01-08-2006 | 06:36 AM

yo bro sorry to hear about your spill, keep your spirits high and i promise you will bounce back. i broke my wrist grappling and i admit therapy is a bitch but its a must so dont skip on any of it. on another subject sweet ride and r u pinoy u look like my cuzin who lives in fla. god bless!!!!

Old 01-08-2006 | 05:24 PM

ORIGINAL: Rev
*****..thanks guys..the laser exhaust is still sitting pretty but the subframe is bent...i'm putting the bike back to this form
[/quote]

hey man
i didnt know ya were a Laser X-treme fan too

is it a full-sys ? do ya have a pc III too ?
how loud does it sound ... i dont need trouble from the cops !
any noticeable improvement in performance ? (flickability/power ?)

Old 01-08-2006 | 08:54 PM

Glad to hear you are doing ok. You have a damn good looking bike. I worry about crashing myself. It is a scarey thought since you don't have much to protect you. Must have been pretty bad if you were air lifted, good you are doing good. Best of luck to you, I hope your injuries don't affect your ability to ride.

Old 01-12-2006 | 03:10 AM

Don't give up on the wrist just yet. 3 years ago, I sustained a servere right wrist fracture (roller skating). The radial head was literally shattered. They placed pins in the thumb and wrist to exert traction and pull the bone fragments into some semblence of alaignment. They then slapped a big heavy plaster cast on it. Unfortunatey, the whole structure gradually collapsed downward about an inch over the eight week period of heaing. This threw off the whole arcitecture of the wrist and hand, causing the wrist carpels to slide thumbwards and the whole hand to tilt towards the thumb side of the hand/wrist.. I was abe to use it wearing a forearm brace, even tho long rides (Alaska and Colorado) became quite painful after several hours of throttle wielding. They eventually did a bone graft with a chunk of bone from my hip. By the time the whole process was over, 2 years had passed; however, I have full use of the wrist for just about anything I want to do with it. There was a period of about 3 months of physicaL therapy to get full flexion, extension and rotation as well as strength back.
Terry

Quick Reply: For those who has taken a spill/wiped out and got hurt