Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

For those who has taken a spill/wiped out and got hurt

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 03:42 AM
Rev
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those who has taken a spill/wiped out and got hurt

I fell pretty bad on November 5th and was air lifted to the hospital. My wrist was dislocated badly and i have my 3rd surgery in january 24th. My wrist has 8 pins and 1 screw holding it together it's been 3 months and on the 23rd they take out my pins. If my wrist doesn't stay in place, they have to do reconstructive surgery on my wrist.....NOW...my question is..has anyone had a similar injury, I'm really scared that I may not be able to pull the clutch, i wanna ride again this summer but does anyone have opinions to think differently. OH obviously it's my left arm that had damage...

And do they make kits to make the clutch easier to pull in...

Thanks bitches

Old 01-04-2006, 03:45 AM
Default RE: For those who has taken a spill/wiped out and got hurt

Im not sure brotha but I hope you get better soon. Im sure you will be on that bike reguardless this summer. Good luck and keep u8s posted. My boy had pins and steel a steel rod in his leg from a bad accident and he seems to be fine today.

Old 01-04-2006, 03:54 AM

rev i saw something on ebay last night that was suppose to make your clutch like 30% easier to pull but i haven't used it maybe someone here has, i had a bad wreck to about 8 months ago (check out my gallery) i didn't hurt my wrist i broke my ankle, fractured my leg, and broke five ribs, i also had the fun ride in helicopter, as far as your healing just make sure you do your physical therapy, and build that wrist up it took me like a month just to walk i still have a problem running, but like some one on this board says on their signature "if you don't limp you ain't ****" i'll get you a link to that clutch helper i looked really cool it just goes inline with the clutch cable

Old 01-04-2006, 03:58 AM

here rev see what you think of this? and anyone that has this or knows anything about it give rev some feeback on it
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...spagenameZWDVW

Old 01-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn Rev -- didn't know you had crashed. Sorry about that dude -- crashing sux. Wish I had pertinent wrist info but fortunately I haven't done that yet. I do know that after my shoulder surgery last year it took much effort (physical therapy) and lots of pain (the rapist ... er, therapist) to ride again. Hope you heal up good and don't need the extra surgery. Surgery bites except for the outstanding pills you get to bring home.

So here's the $20 question: how's your beautiful bike doing?

Old 01-04-2006, 10:05 AM

Yeah Never new you`d fell, I hope your healing well. sorry but i can`t help on the clutch question either.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Rev

hey guys...kinda one reason i haven't been around..lol..thanks for the info pup dog i will look up reviews on google about that clutch lever. yeah chain and anibus i crashed and the bike was just brought in for surgery this past saturday. The bike will be prettier then ever, i have some plans on diong things and i'd like to thank a friend i have at the dealership to hook up on the parts we'll see what happends...it took me a while to send the bike in cuz i was figuring on fixing it myself but there was too much in damages...

Old 01-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Retired Administrator

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

Good... I'm not the only one. I didn't know he crashed either and was wondering how that sweet looking bike with the laser exhaust is doing?

Old 01-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Rev

ORIGINAL: doncollins

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

Good... I'm not the only one. I didn't know he crashed either and was wondering how that sweet looking bike with the laser exhaust is doing?
*****..thanks guys..the laser exhaust is still sitting pretty but the subframe is bent...i'm putting the bike back to this form
Name:  Mybike5.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  95.5 KB
Name:  Mybike4.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  114.6 KB
But i'm adding some things to it to make it cleaner..

IE:

black poweder coated vortex rear sets
not sure which rear hugger i wanna get..
and a couple other non ricey things done..

I'm gonna make it sexier this time..lol

Old 01-04-2006, 05:35 PM

hey man
glad to hear you're ok
and that you got the spirit to come back w/an even hotter sexier ride

Quick Reply: For those who has taken a spill/wiped out and got hurt