Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Thinking About Taking a Break

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thinking About Taking a Break

Sell the SUV! Youre not a house wife. Why do you need an SUV then? Why dohouse wife'sneed them!?[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 07-13-2007, 04:23 PM

Niceor

[IMG]local://upfiles/10801/8F9470EE25E14A6E8C95CBD006CA8637.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-13-2007, 04:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I think you would miss your bikes........(and the gas miles they would get versus a 4x4 truck.)

But, it all depends on how much you ride (I put on a 1000 miles a month minimum, and would be suicidal if I got rid of her.)

But, let me get this straight. You BOUGHT HER an engagement RR , and now she wants a RING too? Sometimes I just don't understand the logic behind a female's thinking. Ring, RR, ring, RR.........it's a no braineRR!
Engagement RR... HAHAHA that seriously made my day

Old 07-13-2007, 04:58 PM

screw the suv...keep the bikes, the ring, and your other toy.

Old 07-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Banned

Here is the real deal on diamonds...my buddy is a stone importer, he supplier diamonds and other stones to most of the independent jewelers in this area plus most of the Carribean. Go to the mall, price something, knock 60 to 70% off the price and that is the price he sells for.

Check out BlueNile.com. Buy the diamond online (yes, I said online) the prices are great.My buddy believes it is a Debeers company, but nobody really knows. Those prices are very close to his prices and he buys from the cutters in India. Family type thing. Remember diamonds are a false market, the price is inflated and kept inflated by the Debeers company. Whether or not you buy a diamond is up to you, an emerald or ruby are real markets and the prices are real, not manipulated (tanzanite is also BS). This is one reason why more engagement rings have colored stones lately, because they have real worth, not supply side manipulation worth. Watch out for colored diamonds, they are usually lasered. Most perfect emeralds are 'fracture filled', all are oiled.

As far as GIA or EGL, EGL always overestimates the stones quality, compare EGL to EGL, not EGL to GIA. Even GIA is Bull****. Learn to look at a stone, it is easy. Learn to compare 2 stones. in about 2 hours you will be amazed at what you learn. The GIA/EGL only matters for insurance...learn to look at a diamond. Let me ask, do you need a professional to help you find a scratch on your bike? Same thing.

Remember, you won't be selling this ring, it is decoration, not an investment. If it gets sold it will be by her next husband to go out and have fun at a strip joint. YOU will never ever see a dime from it again. Don't go overboard, you can buy a real nice 10th anniversary ring for her or a ring with all the kids birthstones or something.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:34 PM

Thaks for everyones support and response. I just really dont want to get rid of the bikes, but I may have to in a sense. Haha, engagement RR, thats good, haha. She doesnt want to get rid of them either, but she knows I want a truck. The ring however, is my decision, not hers, so she isnt making me sacrifice anything. I know I can get another one down the road, but it just isnt the same, you know. But I appreciate everyone. Even if I do sell it, I will still be hangin garound here.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Retired Moderator

You better continue tohang out...or you are a dead man (I will deal with you personally )! It sounds like it is abike vs. truck issue...since my work bought me my truck, I really don't have a good perspective. I can't imagine not having a truck. Like I said before, what ever you decide is the right choice...

Old 07-14-2007, 09:50 PM

If it makes you feel any better, i was in a similar situation a few years ago. I sold my bike just after i got married. I just didn't have time and had other priorities. But a little over two years later i rode a friend's bike and got bit again...but now i'm in a better financial situation and could afford the '05 919 i bought (and then sold to keep an '01 F4i . If she's the one she'll remember that you made the responsible choice and will more likely be on board when the time comes around for you to get another (better!) bike. Until then you can enjoy married life and figure out what kind of bike you want next. But let me tell you...it's hard...but definately worth it. Sometimes the 'responsible' decision is tough, but if you make enough of them you'll find yourself in a much better place on down the road.

Congrats!

Old 12-23-2007, 01:49 AM

looks like i'm five months late on this, so i guess i'm just giving information for the future reference of others. What i would do in this situation is sell both bikes, and use a wee bit of the money to get a cheap bike(that runs and drives realiably, of course, unless you have the knowhow to fix it) to hold me over till i can get back on a nice one. I'd let you borrow one if i had an exttra.

Good luck with your fiancee. Hope she's hot.

I read where your signature says "gordon sucks" I can't help but wonder if you were talking about a person or gordon college.

Edit: I just read that one of the bikes was your girl's. I've got an idea: You can have my truck. It's a 4x4.