Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Think before you stunt

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 12:46 AM
Retired Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Think before you stunt

My buddy in Virginia finally got his court date. They moved it on him a couple of times.

$1500 for a wheelie. Oh.. and yeah, 365 days jail time. Not suspended. He's also active duty Navy so this will also mean a dishonorable discharge.

He has a few other stunting tickets on his record and currently has a 45 days suspended sentence from earlier this year, but damn... one year for one wheel.

He goes back to court on Dec 14th for an appeal... pray for him.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:50 AM
Default RE: Think before you stunt

Yea down where I go to school I think its a felony reckless but they give 6 months and im unsure of the fine. Thats crap.....I'm sorry.

Old 11-27-2006, 12:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

he only got that much cause of his prior record don, plus he shoulda ran man if he was ridin a wheelie

Old 11-27-2006, 01:26 AM

ORIGINAL: JZHALES

he only got that much cause of his prior record don, plus he shoulda ran man if he was ridin a wheelie
i have to agree with both points even though i dont condone running but if its something like that then i would be back on two wheels and hauling @$$ but anyways hopefully he doesnt get sent to jail and hope all works out for him

Old 11-27-2006, 03:47 AM

A year in jail for a wheelie? Im never coming to your state, I would be serving a life sentence.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:18 AM

yeah... that's a bit overboard. Just like they sentenced that one busa rider in Florida for 30 years to prison after running from the cops, when one cop wrecks because of his own stupidity and dies.

USA is becoming stuck up and our heads slowly retreat into our ********. I mean jail time? Just slap a huge fine, suspend his license and call it a day. Maybe even go as far as impounding or seizing the bike. Justice served. Most of the time, those ******** in power just really want money and nothing but cash to make them happy. Why not spend some good valuable court time on getting those DWI ****ers off the roads? I've seen drunk drivers with repeating offense back on the road in a few months with practically no jail time. Makes me sick

But, I also don't condone doing wheelies on public roads.

Old 11-27-2006, 05:31 AM

ORIGINAL: JBaz
Why not spend some good valuable court time on getting those DWI ****ers off the roads? I've seen drunk drivers with repeating offense back on the road in a few months with practically no jail time. Makes me sick
+1

Old 11-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Retired Moderator

I have a friend who had four dui's in ten years and he did one year for that. Basically the same sentence for a wheelie. I can see punishment, but to actually ruin a man's career. Dishonorable discharge and felony will follow him forever. Really a shame!

Old 11-27-2006, 10:40 AM

im sitting speechless not knowing what to say .... a year for a wheelie... f u c k i n g bull **** thats all i can say ...

Old 11-27-2006, 11:32 AM

Was is a VA state trooper? Those guys would send their own grandma to jail.

MDFF

Quick Reply: Think before you stunt