Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Is there anything I can do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Girls aren't looking for more problems unless they're idiots.

On a completely sexist note... where can I find the "zip my mouth" smilie face?

Old 05-20-2010, 12:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys for the comments.

We are very open and she knows how I feel and respect it. I trust her and such and that's not the issue its more like I have a issue with long distances and relationships lasting based on communication and not seeing each other.

I want her to go to college just down here. This way I can help support her(money), help her with home work and care for her when down here. I was hoping to get a house one of these years so she could move in with me rent free so she could focus on school.

Again not her its me having the issues of coping with it if it makes sense. I guess it might be one of those deals has to happen to you for you to understand.

Again I would never set her free to meet other guys..never. Only way that's happening is the day I don't breath which by her standards ill be living a long time.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Originally Posted by Krux
Again I would never set her free to meet other guys..never. Only way that's happening is the day I don't breath which by her standards ill be living a long time.
I dont' get it, how is this an open relationship?

Kinda sounds like ur a creepy stalker dude ;P

Old 05-21-2010, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by pacemaker
Krux, The only advice here I can give you. All good relationships are based on trust.
She has to trust you & you her. Sure you're paranoid that the "college experience" may also include her meeting others. But that's not the problem right know, we all have had similar experiences, but you're only making things worse for yourself worrying about something that may happen. Say you did marry this girl, are you going to get worried every time she goes down the shops or out with friends? Nothing kills a relationship quicker than jealousy. Trust, sure you may get kicked in the nad's again, but that means she wasn't the right one.
perfect

Old 05-21-2010, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
I dont' get it, how is this an open relationship?

Kinda sounds like ur a creepy stalker dude ;P
Open meaning we don't hold anything back about what's on our mind and how we feel and honest with each other. Does not mean I would let some guy touch her. No way am I going to let her go with another guy.

I would agree pacemaker has the right idea's. It's not that I don't trust her I just get feelings that over take me. Which at some times feels stronger than myself and can take me over in a heart beat. I am guessing I have to learn some how self control but how is the next questions and what practices can I do to help with it.

Last edited by Krux; 05-21-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:58 AM

I agree with Pacemaker on everything and even some of what Roj is saying.

You have to have trust. If you don't, then the relationship isn't going to work. If you do, then you'll have to exercise that trust and let her do what is right.

It's in her best interest to get out and go to this college that's 2.5 hours away. She needs the space (from her parents and her hometown, not you) You can't get the college experience at home and, imo, it is a big step in maturity and getting out to find who you are besides just your parents' child.

My two cents.. you need to find a way to get ok with letting her go do what's right for her, not what's right for you. You need to not make her feel guilty about going because it's not about you... it's about her. You need to man up and realize that acting jealous is only going to push her away and that it's not your right to hold her back from having what could be a very formative experience for her.

You could always try to move up there with her but there are potential issues. For one, she may not even want you to go -- even if she doesn't have the heart to tell you. Second, she will be in college and you will be that guy who isn't in school and you risk smothering your girlfriend in her college experience.

So my advice... enjoy the time you have left, let her know how much you care about her, be respectful of what is right for her (stop being selfish), and be a good boyfriend while she's away (this means staying in close touch while respecting her space).

Old 05-21-2010, 08:17 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by Krux
Thanks guys for the comments.

We are very open and she knows how I feel and respect it. I trust her and such and that's not the issue its more like I have a issue with long distances and relationships lasting based on communication and not seeing each other.

I want her to go to college just down here. This way I can help support her(money), help her with home work and care for her when down here. I was hoping to get a house one of these years so she could move in with me rent free so she could focus on school.

Again not her its me having the issues of coping with it if it makes sense. I guess it might be one of those deals has to happen to you for you to understand.

Im gonna kinda be like bambam and give you some news u prolly dont wanna hear but sometimes needs to be said. From the sound of the story her parents want her to go to college for the "college experience" so from the sounds of it they dont want her with you (im not trying to be a hater but any parents that encourage their little girl to go to college and act like idiots obv. wants her playing the field) no offense.

Second bad point, (not always the case their are exceptions) but open relationships pretty much never work over long distances. Heck even good relationships dont last over long distance my cousin and his gf dated for 3 years once they both hit their 3 year of college and had to transfer to a 4 year university they had a distance of 1 hour between the two (which isnt a whole lot) needless to say they both started drinking and partying their relationship went from great to open, and then open to no relationship at all... its rather sad really because my cousin and his gf were like the only couple we could hang with without having to worry about them ditching us... anyway just some food for thought....

im not trying to be negative just trying to hit u with a little reality... it sounds to me like your senario will play out like this... she will move to college, meet a guy at a party, do some stupid crap, you will get pissed, she will say $%^&* u, and u two wont hear from each other for a long while... maybe once she wises up and realizes she misses u ull get a call...

just sayin...

and like everyone else says u just have to trust her... i mean u cant be there to baby sit her so thats all u really have left to do is trust

wish u two the best of luck though...

Last edited by __Z__; 05-21-2010 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:25 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rojer.... LMAO!! You are thinking along the lines of a COMPLETELY different kind of "open relationship".
I thought the same thing when I first read it, but then I realized "That can't be what he means..." LOL..

Reminds me of that scene in Raising Arizona....
H.I.: "You ever feel like there's something hard pressing down, Glenn?"
Glenn: "Yep, and I told Dottie to lose some weight, but she don't wanna listen!!!!! But seriously, Dr. Glenn is here to tell you there is a solution. Ya see... me and Dottie are swingers! As in "to swing". What they call nowadays and "open marriage". Now stay with me here, H.I."

And then H.I. punches him in the face.

Anyway......

No way am I going to let her go with another guy.
I'm sorry, brother... but you don't have a choice if that's what she wants to do. And quite frankly... why would you want to stop it?
If you want an exclusive relationship... and she doesn't... there isn't a ****in' thing you can do (or should do) other than walk away.
A lot of things in life aren't real easy, but you're gonna get nowhere thinking you can control her.
Love is a CHOICE for BOTH parties. Sure... it hurts when you make the choice and someone else doesn't, but that's life. You move on an find someone who CHOOSES to love you enough not to hurt you.
What's the point in even wasting time being with someone you have to try and control anyway?? It's gonna bite you in the azz sooner or later and you'll just have wasted a bunch of time.

ENJOY LIFE!!!! That's what it's here for. No point in making your life miserable, man. If she's the one, you'll know it. If she's not, have a coke and a smile, dude.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:42 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
ENJOY LIFE!!!! That's what it's here for. No point in making your life miserable, man. If she's the one, you'll know it. If she's not, have a coke and a smile, dude.
+1 Here and now that you mention it kilgor i think i will go grab a coke... sounds really good....

as for you Krux look at it this way man your heads over heels for this girl we know... But I can GUARANTEE you there is another fish out there in the sea who wants a closed close relationship with you... Being a BA sportbike rider might help a little too