Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Thank you Offficer !

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 12:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thank you Offficer !

Name:  jesusorly2su.gif
Views: 9
Size:  736.9 KB

Old 09-20-2007, 01:46 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was pulled over yesterday for doing 94 in a 75. I was in the middle of nowhere, on the interstate with no cars around. I see him pull out and I immediately pull over, get off the bike, take off the helmet, etc. etc. The state trooper got out of his car and asked where I was in such a hurry to. I just told him I was enjoying the ride, and not really paying attention to the speed. He told me he understood, and asked me where I was going and I told him I was headed toward the mountains. He told me to be safe and let me go on my way.

I've been pulled over a few times and this has been the outcome every time. Call it luck, but I believe good old fashioned manners and not trying to BS the officer (and they know when you are) works. I know that if I was an officer, and someone was being a punk to me, I would give them a ticket. But if they were cool and not trying to make excuses or BS me, then I would most likely give them a warning.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: JonBrown

man around here there arent hardly ANY sportbikes so anytime im out on my red/white/and blue 900 i stick out like a sore thumb and i get pullled over alot but i drive the speedlimit and dont do anything stupid.
so heres my BS story "one of many" and the court date is in oct.

so i am riding through the town to go and make a big circle with alot of backroads and pretty scenery well anyway it was a 45 zone and it was a 4 lane highway. cars in front both sides, car beside me in the fast lane and 2 cars behind me and we all were cruising at about 55 maybe but that is just traffic moving. anywaythecop was goin the other way!! so he FLYS through the median (yea the median. no u turn area or anything) and guess who he pulls over ME!! after of course weaving through the 2 cars behind me. so i pull over and do the usual. turn it off and take off my helmet. and this huge cop prolly more round than tall steps out and yells at me "do you have any idea how fast you were going" and before i could answer he snatches my papers and waddles back to his car and writes me a ticket. but heres the kicker on the ticket it said exact words "unlawfull speed with no indication of speed" because he didnt know that i was speeding he just thought so. needless to say cops around the little town of niceville FL are ...bad people.

oh well thats my story i wish i could be lucky sometimes lol
P.S. i wasnt smartassy to the cop or anything i was really nice and even asked how his day was.
prolly pissed off cause he couldent ride one or it would fall apart
grrr.
JonBrown
Say, this Niceville, FL wouldn't happen to be near another town with a similar-soundingnamearound exit 225 on 95 and has a "Police Hall of Fame", does it? Some of the cops in that town pulled over a guy I know for allegedly speeding ( he claims he wasn't)and got threatened with getting pulled out of the carand getting his *** kicked.

I always thought the ruts in the median were from the drivers with crappy bald tires hydroplaning off the road in a rainstorm (saw it happen three times thefour months I was in Brevard).

Old 09-20-2007, 03:10 PM

Cops around here are not to bad with bikes unless you are stunting on the road. I just act like they are not there no matter what I am driving. It's ture that the nicer you are the better the stop will go. When i had my 5.0 i got pulled over for reported drang racing because my car was the same color. I was like sir I just passed the house you were at doing 5 under the speed limit-the road was ****ty and my car was very low. He had to let me got since he did not have a plate number and the girls house i was pulled over at knew all the cops and told them that I was not the one racing. hands down most cops are dicks and think that if you have a nice/fast looking car ot bike that you are a punk.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was stopped this one time for speeding (Excessively). I was coming into town from the sticks doing triple digit speeds. While crossing this bridge, the speed zone goes from 55 to 35. I was beep bopping around cars and then I dropped down an off ramp onto a surface street. A few seconds later, an officer on a bike was on my a@* with his lights on... I am sure you all know that sinking feeling. He did the usual thing of "where ya going?" and "do you know how fast you were going?ā€¯ My response to the first was "Just coming back into town from a ride." and the answer to the second was a "50... 55... uuhhh... 65". Apparently he paced me at 78 MPH, thank goodness I was slowing down. He writes me up a speeding ticket and nothing else like reckless driving (THANK GOD!!). So... the last day to appear in court comes and I show up for court at 8 am. The clerk tells me that there was nothing on file and asked why was I there. I told her that I was there to appear for a traffic citation. The clerk told me that I the office hadn't turned anything in and that if the officer didn't turn anything in by 5 pm that day... the citation would be dropped. I showed up the next morning and sure enough... no citation had been turned in. I turn in my stuff worry free and go into the court room to wait my turn. The judge was really nice to these guys that were in on their 5th or 6th DUI and the guy who had 17 FTA. My turn comes up and the judge begins to FREAK out! He starts threatening me with jail time and the revocation of my license. I'm starting to shaking in my boots and thinking to myself... what happened to having the ticket dropped. Mean while, people in the court are giggling. Thank god the clerk came up and whispered in the judges ear and he "Well Mr. Smith, it is your lucky day. I have to let you go today". He then asked if I had anything to say and my response (in ALL SERIOUSNESS) was "I choose to remain silent" for fear it would be conjured against me. The judge then turned to the clerk and started yelling at her about how he wanted this officer's superior and his superior's superior. I think he wanted someoneā€™s' ***. I got my little slip and was out of that court in about 1.3 seconds. As I was leaving, the judge was still ranting about how he had to let me go. I went to the parking garage and jumped on my bike and got the hell out of there.