Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Thank you Offficer !

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thank you Offficer !

i also have never been pulled over on my bike, and only 2x in my car, and both of those stops totalled < 5 minutes, TOGETHER! so im with orange, whatcha guys doing to attract attention?

and btw, i NEVER make eye contact with cops, unless they are on a bike i wave, but i try to act like they are not there. if i was a cop i would pull over the guy who is paying too much attention to me, would make me wonder what he is worried about.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze
i was pulled over and after chatting up a little with the LEO he said he pulled me over because i was staring at him when i passed by him at the intersection and he felt obligated to do so ... DON'T MAKE EYE CONTACT .. LOL
and
ORIGINAL: BlindinOrange
why are all of you getting pulled over all the time?? never got pulled over on the bike... itsgood to know some of these things but I have an understanding with the cops that works pretty well... I ride the speed limit and safe.... they don't pull me over...
It's almost impossible to "ride the speed limit and safe" especially with the knowledge that most cops don't enforce the posted limit until 6+MPH over. I was riding and happened this ONE time (not that I'm bragging) to be going UNDER the limit. I was going 5 under due to horrible cager drivers. Anyway, passed by a cop, engaged in eye contact and right after I passed the cop (who was waiting to pull out onto the highway) I got on the throttle and overtook a few cars. It was a four lane highway so I may have appeared to "weave" but it wasn't aggressively. Long story short, the cop catches up to me and asks what I was thinking throttling past him and weaving. I told him the truth about the slow traffic and he ends up talking about how he has a Suzuki cruiser...blah blah blah and lets me off. But off of what? I couldn't have gotten a ticket at all. I didn't do anything illegal. Just harrassed for "throttling" past him? No, it was the eye contact. Maybe he thought I noticed his pretty eyes and wanted to stop to see if there was a connection? So that goes to show you that you can actually be riding completely within legal limits and still get pulled over.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: WoodyRR

So that goes to show you that you can actually be riding completely within legal limits and still get pulled over.
Just 2 seconds ago I saw an episode of cops where three guys got pulled out of their jeep on a felony stop because they matched a get away vehicle. cops even quoted, wrong place at the wrong time.

We also have a risk of being pulled over to check insurance and license given most riders have neither.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:52 PM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

I was asked by a county LEO last weekend while sitting at a rest stop if I knew my plate mounting was not legal (vertical on my swingarm). I did, but I told him that I didn't. I made small talk about how the previous owner had been stopped and no one gave him guff and that the previous owner did it to the bike. I told the officer that I had the factory fender sitting at home and that I'd be happy to take the time to put it on. He was satisfied with those answers. I didn't get a fix it ticket and he went on about his way after I told him to be safe. The next time I see that cop may be a speeding stop or an accident in which I am involved. I'd rather him think of me as a reasonable individual than another cop hating punk on a bike.

Yeah except when he pulls you over for speeding the next time hes gonna be pissed you never fixed your license plate.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:05 PM

man around here there arent hardly ANY sportbikes so anytime im out on my red/white/and blue 900 i stick out like a sore thumb and i get pullled over alot but i drive the speedlimit and dont do anything stupid.
so heres my BS story "one of many" and the court date is in oct.

so i am riding through the town to go and make a big circle with alot of backroads and pretty scenery well anyway it was a 45 zone and it was a 4 lane highway. cars in front both sides, car beside me in the fast lane and 2 cars behind me and we all were cruising at about 55 maybe but that is just traffic moving. anywaythecop was goin the other way!! so he FLYS through the median (yea the median. no u turn area or anything) and guess who he pulls over ME!! after of course weaving through the 2 cars behind me. so i pull over and do the usual. turn it off and take off my helmet. and this huge cop prolly more round than tall steps out and yells at me "do you have any idea how fast you were going" and before i could answer he snatches my papers and waddles back to his car and writes me a ticket. but heres the kicker on the ticket it said exact words "unlawfull speed with no indication of speed" because he didnt know that i was speeding he just thought so. needless to say cops around the little town of niceville FL are ...bad people.

oh well thats my story i wish i could be lucky sometimes lol
P.S. i wasnt smartassy to the cop or anything i was really nice and even asked how his day was.
prolly pissed off cause he couldent ride one or it would fall apart
grrr.
JonBrown

Old 09-18-2007, 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Rubicon on 38s

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

I was asked by a county LEO last weekend while sitting at a rest stop if I knew my plate mounting was not legal (vertical on my swingarm). I did, but I told him that I didn't. I made small talk about how the previous owner had been stopped and no one gave him guff and that the previous owner did it to the bike. I told the officer that I had the factory fender sitting at home and that I'd be happy to take the time to put it on. He was satisfied with those answers. I didn't get a fix it ticket and he went on about his way after I told him to be safe. The next time I see that cop may be a speeding stop or an accident in which I am involved. I'd rather him think of me as a reasonable individual than another cop hating punk on a bike.

Yeah except when he pulls you over for speeding the next time hes gonna be pissed you never fixed your license plate.

Nope. I'm fixing that this week so they leave me alone. That cop actually didn't pull me over. He just pulled up on my and my buddies while we stopped for some water. I did get stopped by a local university cop for it but he let me off.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:04 PM

ORIGINAL: BlindinOrange

why are all of you getting pulled over all the time??
I think your just lucky...

I've been pulled over 3 times and talked to at least twice and ive only had my lisecnce for about 6 months and i drive a 93 accord (no crappy tail pipe or anything thats asking to be pulled over

First time was for having a burnt out headlight. it burnt out on the way home from a friends house and i got a $144 ticket for it. Fixed it. Took it to court. Didnt have to pay a dime, cept for the bulb

Second time I get pullled over at a random check stop coming home from a concert... They just love to pick on a bunch of teenagers out at 11 at night.

Thirdly I got pulled over for speeding... MY bad. I was speeding... but in all fairness I was trying to make it to my moms suprise birthday party

THe other time the cop talked to me I was parked in a church parking lot waiting for my friends to show up so they could lead me to my other friends house. He kept asking me questions and about 5 minutes later my friends show up and they see a cop talking to me and immidieatly leave the parking lot. So now this cop is suspicious and askes me questions for another 5 minutes then finally tells me to leave and just call my friends for directions. So I leave and he follows me to my friends house... not a big problem.

And the last time I had to deal with cops was when i pulled over into a parking lot because I was getting lots of text messages and wanted to re posistion my moutain bike in the trunk and the cop comes and asks me what im doing in the parking lot... He tells when im done to leave...

All these times I was respectable and driving appriopriately except the speeding ticket of course...

and these all happend within 5 months of each other... Im a cop magnet

sorry about my spelling its pretty late and my spell check isnt working

-Josh

Old 09-19-2007, 10:47 PM

Got pulled over two times in 3 days [&:]. Officers around here look for anything to get you for. The first time I was pulled over for not using my turn signal. I was let off with a warning after he verified I had my license and registration. Second time I was pulled over, was for running at night with my HighBeams and he said they were blinding. I merely stated that I like to be visible but I could see how they were blinding and appologized. He checked my license and let me on my way.

Btw these are the university police at my college. So they are getting to know me very well. I have the only blue Cbr in my town

Old 09-19-2007, 11:45 PM

Cops sometimes set up stops near the college I go to. All but 1 time they just let me pass without checking anything.

Old 09-19-2007, 11:58 PM

God is smiling on you and you are one luck SOB.

[sm=signs007.gif]