Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Thank god for dogs

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 05:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank god for dogs

Yesterday oct 3 I almost lost my mom. I have a 3 year old male boxer who weighs roughly 100lbs "overweight" but he's 90 percent muscle. He does not stay with me cause the place I live now has a dog weight limit, so my mom said she would keep him. He is a great listener and an excellent dog. Does what you say when you say doesn't mess with anything the perfect dog. Well my dad is replacing the wood on the porch out back (only 12 inches off the ground) and yesterday my mom stepped outside to get my dog back in and she slipped on one of the boards that wasn't attached yet and fell under the deck where the other boards had been ripped up. She broke her pelvic bone on the fall bruised a rib or two and get banged up pretty good. She also has life threating sever asthma and had an asthma attack from the stress off falling and realizing no one is home to help her. My dad was at work and so was I and she didnt have stretch armstrong arms to reach one (gods a little slow on that one). She did the only thing possible and that was to call for my dog. She said she had to convince him to get close enough as he didnt know where she was. He finally got close enough and she wrapped around him and then told him to back up. And he did. He proceded to pull my mom out from under the deck and then stick his nose in the back glass door to open it and drug her to the couch in the living room next to the phone. From there he stayed by her side until my dad arrived home from work to take her to the hospital. And then to make the story even more movie like, my dad who turned 60 this year in july and has a artificial heart valve and a pacemaker come stumbling out of the hall this morning and procedded to collapse. He had a heart rate of 54 beats per minute. My mom got him back awake and took him to the car and to the hospital. What had happened was his heart reversed its beats and they had to flatline him and then shock him to revive him. So technically my dad died today for 2 minutes. He has now doing better and wearing a heart monitor. My mom is getting by with the above metioned injuries plus one broken foot and one sprained. I thank god that my dog was there and that I have trained him so well. Without him there my mom and dad both could have passed away. If he hadn't saved my mom I wonder if anyone would have been there to save my dad. So let this be a lesson dont take your pets for granted you never know what they are capable of doing for you. And the next person who tells me my dog is too big and mean and scary looking can kiss my ***. Also the next time I hear a dog abuse story I would like to find those people and treat them like the low life maggot that they are. He is a gentle soul and no I know it. Thank you for reading this and please pray for the albert family.

Old 10-05-2006, 11:26 AM
Default RE: Thank god for dogs

My prayers go out. That is one amazing dog man. Take care of him.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:12 PM

Great story. Glad your family is still intact! Get that dog a steak!

Old 10-05-2006, 02:36 PM

Wow what a miracle! Thanks for sharing this with us, I will definitely include your family in my prayers.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:23 PM

thats a really cool story and its good to hear ur mom is ok...

i had a husky that got crazy if u pointed a gun at him...haha but he dislocated my moms shoulder when she tried to take him for a walk...

Old 10-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Retired Administrator

ORIGINAL: rio_600RR_06

i had a husky that got crazy if u pointed a gun at him.
WTF... why are you pointing a gun at a dog???

So what was the moral of this story.... don't leave the back porch unfinished.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:59 PM

glad to hear everyone is OK

I love my boxer, she is 3yrs old also, but only weighs in at like 60lbs.
And she is considered at a healthy weight, holy cow what have been feeding him??

I have owned several different types of dogs, pit bulls, english bulldogs, boston terriors, pure muts, and
by far the BOXER is the most people friendly dog. She is great around the baby, comes and gets us
whenever the baby is crying

Old 10-05-2006, 04:30 PM

Yeah this is my second one. my previus one who was named joe put it together its funny died at age 4 from sas. Not sure what it stands for but basically the valves in his heart were half the size the should be. It was discovered too late and they couldnt do surgery. He was projected to live until 2 and the average life is 8 so he had double the life he shouldve and half the life he couldve. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=51353729 you can check out a pic of my current boxer here. I dont know how yours is but mine never barks. ever. If he is barking you better grab a weapon cause something aint right. I feed him 3 times a day well my mom does cosists of one cup dog food, 1/2 cup hamburger, 1/2 cup rice, and 1/2 cup of either carrots or green beans.

Old 10-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow...full recovery wishes for the parents...
take care of moms, pops and the dog mang!

Old 10-05-2006, 05:10 PM

i wish i had a dog ...anyways hope your parents a fast recovery

Quick Reply: Thank god for dogs