Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Teen sentenced for crash that killed Tongan royals

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Teen sentenced for crash that killed Tongan royals

I know it's not a bike related crash but it does show what can happen when cagers act like squids and race on the street. Here's the story,

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/25/ton....ap/index.html

The only reason I even felt this was worth posting is because of what her lawyer said, remember that she was racing on the freeway and hit the SUV that rolled over and killed 3 people.

"My client was convicted of an accident."
Accidents don't just happen, they're caused. If a meteor had fell from space and hit the SUV, that would have been a blameless "act of god" but some idiot driving like crap and killing 3 people is something she needs to be held accountable for.

When I read posts with people bragging about stunting on the freeway, or doing *top speed* on public streets this is what I think about. An "accident" can happen anytime and if you cause it, don't come here whining about the ticket/jail time you have to deal with.

Ride safe

Old 08-26-2007, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Teen sentenced for crash that killed Tongan royals

Only two years for killing 3 people? Who the hell was on that jury?

Old 08-26-2007, 10:25 AM

I agree with Thex, that was no accident. That was a willful violation of a law because racing usually involves speeding.

I do think that 2 years is a fair sentence considering it was just being stupid and I'm pretty sure alot of the causers will remember it for the rest of their days.
Besides the fact that your pretty much screwed for life anyways job wise with a misdemeanor.

Kind of sad though for people to just die like that, victims beyond their control, royalties too sheesh.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:27 AM

I read the article and I also am shocked that after killing 3 people she gets only two years in jail. Her lawyer was perplexed that she got such a stiff sentence, no wonder my father never practiced law after he finished law school. He told my mom he couldn't live with himself and practice law.

What's the difference between a dead lawyer on the freeway or a dead skunk?

There are skid marks before the dead skunk.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Retired Administrator

I wonder how much of that two years will be served, a week or two?

Old 08-26-2007, 11:02 AM

Wow. Very sad. There have been several deaths here in Ontario this summer on our major highways, all attributed to cars racing. Reading the article, I can't help but wonder what her sentence would have been had the victims not been visiting diplomats.

Old 08-26-2007, 11:49 AM

Aye I agree EPNF if the royalties had been a Bush or a Kennedy the sentence might of been real bad for her.

The reason why I see the 2 year sentence as fair is because I believe that everyone deserves a second chance...even murderers...with exceptions of course.

Psyco butchering and cannabalism for no reasons are the exceptions, not getting in too deep.

People are people, we all go crazy, get mad, get our hearts broken, etc we are human with human emotions and sometimes emotion causes some of us to go into blind rage which leads to accidents...even though intentional accidents.

There's no excuse but there should be a second chance. Hell I'd like to hope there are second chances in life.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:08 PM

I don't like how if you mess up you go to jail or prison. 2 years for killing 3 people seems pretty cheap to me. I kill 3 people and i'm getting shot before i get in a squad car. I'd get 2 years for smoking a blunt...