Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tear Offs

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tear Offs

I'm trying to find out what type of tear off Valentino Rossi uses on his helmet it looks like a single tear off that is tinted. I found these tear offs called "Moto GP Track Tints" but I don't think they are the same. They seem to go on the inside of the shield, so that wouldn't be it. If anyone has a clue please give me a shout, thanks.

This is what I found:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

This is what he has:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/arnet...spagenameZWDVW

Old 06-21-2006, 06:52 PM
Default RE: Tear Offs

His tear off isn't tinted in the pic, just the lens. Look at the turtle sticker on the bottom right corner. Also I doubt that it's only a single because unless he was in front the whole time he would need more. I have no clue about what he uses though.

Old 06-21-2006, 06:54 PM

also, the first site is an insert that you put on the inside just to make your clear lens tinted instead of buying a new shield.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:20 AM

as far as i knew the tear offs are all clear. but the only reason you'd need them is like on the track. to use them for street use seems a little hardcore and pointless

Old 06-22-2006, 07:12 AM

Only reason i could justify using them off the track would MAYBE be in the twisties near sundown (F**kin bugs damint i hate them)

Old 06-22-2006, 07:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HR, I second that... BUGS, I hate 'em !!!!!!!!!!! I ride by lakes,alot and from 7 till after dark... **** carpeting, deposited on my visor,helmet, bike, leathers... death, to all bugs!!!!!!!!! My simpsons, have tear off atch. points and I think I'l fab 'em up, for my lacking lids. A person, could probobly find tear off stuff( mounts too), at a dealer/shop, that has dirt bike stuff, maybe using tinteds, on a clear visor(day) and having good vision or clear tear offs, after dark !!!!!!!!!! yup, I hate bugs !!!!!!!!!!!! Cean and free, ripp'n

Old 06-22-2006, 10:25 AM

Ok well I will be using them on the track to clear that part up. Plus I could use them in the street as well, I'm not sure where you ride drag the knee but I certainly get hit with bugs all the time. I don't know, I can't seem to find tear offs with the yellow tabs on the end like that. I thought maybe he was using those track tints but applying it to the outside of the helmet but as jerrad said you can see where the turtle is on the helmet it's not tinted. I guess it's a mystery.

Old 06-22-2006, 11:12 AM

http://www.motorhelmets.com/htm1/acc...d-tearoffs.htm
This page has different options of tear offs. They even had tinted like you wanted. Hope this helps.
Jerrad

Old 06-22-2006, 10:38 PM

I actually ordered some OGK tear offs today. But good find jerrad, I appreciate your help. If the ones I ordered don't work I'm gonna give these a shot. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 06-23-2006, 10:55 AM

I've looked at getting some tear offs too... found some on eBay: 5 for $4.99 + shipping.

They're clear but that is what I prefer - at night is when the bugs seem to be the worst.

Quick Reply: Tear Offs