Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Taunting, Peer pressure and venting

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 12:10 AM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah they become like pack animal. I won't ride with some of them any more for sure. One girl has bad temper too. I don't like when people starts to swear at cars and can't stop swearing about it. Not my kind of group ( don't get me wrong, I do get mad too but I won't keep going on and on)

Old 04-20-2013, 12:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yumi, look what trouble peer pressure got ya into last time: having a psych ward patient tell you "nice purse" as we dragged you thru a haunted house

I ride alone because the only person I have to prove anything to or impress is myself. And I'll do it when I'm damn well ready to. I sure as hell don't have to prove anything to some kid half my age riding half my bike. I do know a couple of club riders I might go for a ride with. But even they're getting sick of the mentality growing in their own clubs.

Next time someone tries to goad you into something remind them you've already proven yourself as a rider:

You got back on the bike after a serious accident which would have most people selling everything and taking public transit.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:37 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Yumi, look what trouble peer pressure got ya into last time: having a psych ward patient tell you "nice purse" as we dragged you thru a haunted house

Yeah hating you for that. Dammit!!

Well, my problem is not the club people. Club guys are super cool. They don't pressure me and they are always there to help. And encourage people to ride on their own level. It's the group of club hater people that pressure me. I would be dead if I let them dictate me.

This is what my friend posted on FB after he heard my story "I would never taunt another rider for deciding they don't wanna ride... Weather it is a strip of road or if they decide to walk away from the life all together... We make our own decisions and as fellow bikers, we should respect each others decisions. What happens if you talk that person into a ride they didn't want to do and they die? Your "I'm sorry" can't fix that. You'll be sorry for the rest of your life maybe but THEY suffered the consequences of your taunting. Just because you are a better or more confident rider doesn't give you the right to belittle other bikers and if you feel you do, then your not the type of biker that we want anyway."

Old 04-20-2013, 11:59 AM
June 2013 ROTM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People have been banging it home, but what they are saying is true. Ride your own ride. Alot of these people have been riding a long time (20+ years) and they forget what it is to be a learner (aren't we all, though?)

When I first got my cbr, I had it for about 3 weeks. Some local guys were going for a 'noob friendly cruise'. I show up not knowing what to expect, as I haven't been riding street for too long. A couple of them started talking about my chicken strips a few minutes after I got there (remember, I had the bike for 3 weeks, I didn't replace the tires - even though my new tires woulda had strips too!!!). I told them I'd leave them to it and they were like 'we are joking dont worry'. I said 'nope, forget it' and went off on my own. People might know your uncomfortable, but they don't care once they have 2 feet on the pegs.

Old 04-20-2013, 01:08 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by CorruptFile
Alot of these people have been riding a long time (20+ years)
You mean people that I rode with? They are mostly in 20's or early 30s. I don't think they've been riding for 20+ years

Old 04-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
Yeah hating you for that. Dammit!!
."
Sowwy!

Well the Beer-beque and Pig Roast wasn't till this weekend so we had to come up with something

Old 04-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Peer pressure is a natural male thing. We are programmed by nature to compete with each other, all in the name of getting girls to propagate the species. So if your hanging out with a bunch of guys, you have to expect this at least once in a while. Remember, peer pressure only works if your weak in the mind and allow them to get to you. Stay strong and believe in your choices and they'll never bother you.

I get that your intimidated by this section of road they want to ride, but on the flip side it would be good for you to go there. Face your fears, take it slowly at first, and push your boundry's. Thats how you improve. I remember following a guy threw a canyon one time. Everyone knew how good this guy was. I was new and stupid, and thought if he could do it theres no reason I can't too, my bike is just as good. So I followed him at his speed. I thought to myself the entire time "Im going to die".I was convinced of it because we had skipped warp speed and gone strait to ludacris speed. You know what? I didn't. I learned instead. I certainly don't suggest pushing as hard as I did, but you have to push some every time.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:40 PM
August 2011 ROTM

I go any other places but there for now. As I mentioned before, this is a going up and down on small mountain. Inside of two hairpin turns are higher than outside. And I know my bike will scrape something because it is lowered. If it is a flat road with turns, I will go