Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Take time to laugh at the cowboys...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 04:18 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Take time to life at the cowboys...

its ok we've learned to accept it. going to the games is more about having fun then hoping you win haha

but you would think with all the sports teams here in cali we would have one that was any good lol

Old 12-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

its ok we've learned to accept it. going to the games is more about having fun then hoping you win haha

but you would think with all the sports teams here in cali we would have one that was any good lol
Since you hate the Kings, you should become a Laker fan. Also, pray that Al Davis dies pretty soon. So, hot off the presses, Shanahan just got canned. As crappy as he does, I didn't think he would EVER get fired.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Banned

I've lived in Pittsburgh most of my life and love the Steelers, but I'll say this....

They kinda suck.

Yes yes yes, it's true that the defense is unquestionably the best in the league...BUT...the offense is horrendous and the special teams are average AT BEST. I just can't see our boys going past the AFC championship this year, not with this O-line and running game. I felt like the only person in the past few years who didn't jump on the Willie Parker bandwagon...I never like the guy and never though he had much talent all, but rather a line that made him look way better than he was. Suddenly, this year, people suddenly agree with me....imagine that. Roethlisberger has been doing the best he can with what he has, and I'm not going to discredit him. He's done exceptional considering the constant collapse of protection.

They say defense wins championships, but you have to get SOME points! It's a miracle the Steelers got the 2nd seed this year and won as many games as they have. Hey, I hope I'm proven wrong so that I can take a sick day after Super Bowl Sunday and experience the craziness of this town after a Steelers championship again, but I just don't see it happening.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Retired Moderator

I have to mention something on the Steelers behalf. They lost Alan Faneca (stupid not to pay that guy), and they have a ****e O line, so Big Ben eats it on a regular basis. He is the defenition of toughness, as he just keeps on playing. They have had the toughest schedule in maybe 20 years? They have managed to win, though, and win the close games. I think that gives them a distinct advantage in the playoffs. they know how to play tough teams week after weak. Take a team like the Cardinals for comparison. They have already been exposed, but coming from the weakest conference, they have not had any good competition to speak of. they are going to get SPANKED! Anyway, my .02

Old 12-30-2008, 06:28 PM

the steelers are right there with the rest of the playoff upper teams....i dont really think there is a clear cut favorite this year.....no one stands out as an elite team. they all have weaknessess....

Titans - passing game
Steelers - O-line (passing too)
Colts - Dfense
Ravens - offense
Chargers - lucky there even in the playoffs
Miami - worst AFC team, they will get crushed by the ravens

Giants - best team when they are playing good
Panthers - "G" ood team
Falcons - underdog story, but not quite there yet
Eagles - hottest team right now, but very streaking team
Cardinals - great offense, no defense, cant play in the cold
Vikings - Mediocre team overall....great RB.

Giants vs Colts wouldnt surprise me at all.....i will throw up now though imagining all the Manning stories...... (for TWO weeks no less.)

Old 12-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

Read my lips

manning manning superbowl

Old 12-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

ORIGINAL: camaro_forums

Meh, I'm a Patriots fan at heart. Sux the Jets had to win[:@]

I do like the Steelers though, and have quite a few Eagles fans as friends.

Oh well, next year. Matt Cassell did an amazing job for following in Brady's footsteps
Jets lost.

It's the Dolphins that beat your band wagon sissy girl Patriots~!

p.s. Tom Brady Blows

Old 12-30-2008, 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: RojerLockless

Read my lips

manning manning superbowl
why should we read your lips? i just said that 1 post above....

Old 12-30-2008, 07:14 PM

I'm from Dallas, and I hate the Cowboys. I always rooted for the Skins and thats who I like today. I think what spoiled it for me was all the ban wagon fans and hoo-pla about them.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:34 PM

My buddy is a huge cowgirls fan.....I have to support my home team...even when theres no hope

Quick Reply: Take time to laugh at the cowboys...