Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tailgaters........

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tailgaters........

It scares me the most when I have to stop at the traffic lights. I watch the vehicle behind and try to leave a little bit more space between the vehicle in front of me. And I pull my bike closer to the center lane so something unexpected happens, I can run away between cars. If I have a chance I also would speed up and get rid of the tailgater.

I have this small Tony Hawk camera, some time attach it to the tail of the bike. But it doesn't help since in North Carolina there is no front license plate requirement.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:56 PM

Probably one of my biggest fears..getting hit from somea$$hole tailgating me... I get out of the way ...FAST

And if you ask me...chicks are the worst about tailgating....usually some soccer mom with a tude, a cell phone in her ear,and in a hurry.. GRRRRRRRR [:@]

Old 08-17-2008, 09:32 PM

dude i watched the splitting video and came across this.

DAYUM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GH8D...eature=related

Old 08-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: FLYOU

ah the lane splitting guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIMTmLfRBAc&NR=1

i usually get rid of tailgaiters by throwing my yellowcard magnets at them. i have a stack of em tucked next to my gas tank.

HAHAHA. I remember taking that yellow card idea and making it a little more "aggressive"........

Name:  yellowcard_mod.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  32.3 KB

Old 08-17-2008, 09:54 PM

i need to get that card!

i can't remember where i got em. if i can find the link i'll post it up!

Old 08-19-2008, 02:26 PM

first question,were you in the far left lane,if so you need to speed up or get the hell out of the way.if not,you were not at fault at all.

Old 08-19-2008, 02:54 PM

ORIGINAL: dusterdude

first question,were you in the far left lane,if so you need to speed up or get the hell out of the way.if not,you were not at fault at all.
Honestly I couldnt care less who's fault it was if I ended up splattered on the pavement. Id rather there be no reason for any fault.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:04 PM

i understand,what im trying to say is,if you are driving too slow in the fast lane you are causing an issue that doesnt need to be caused.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:32 PM

How about dropping your speed gradually? If you do it gradually enough the idiot just might get the idea that tailgating is only gonna make you drive even slower. I know that the smart thing to do is let the a**hole by, but that just goes against the grain. If I'm in my truck he would be eating bumper!

Old 08-19-2008, 03:56 PM

There are some idiots out there who know they can intimidate a biker and enjoy doing so. I've seen people do things that can be attributed to no rational behavior. Simply put, some people just want to be an A$$............

Which leads me to a story..... Twice in the last month I have seen a young kid in an older mercedes driving slow on the highway. every time someone starts to pass him, he changes lanes to stay in front of them. If he sees another slow vehicle, he rides beside it speeding up and slowing down teasing the people behind him with a near opportunity of passing. When you finally do get around this kid, he turns completely sideways in his seat with a huge open mouth smile, laughing at you........ People wonder how someone can get road rage...........