Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Tailgaters........

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tailgaters........

Ok so I am sure many of you have experienced this: You are riding down the road doing the speedlimit, or 5-10 over it keeping pace with traffice and some A-Hole in a car pulls up behind you and drives like 1 foot off your tail. I had this happen today and to be honest it was quite scary as I was on the freeway in the carpool lane doing 65 and this dude starts crawling up my @ss. I sped up quickly to get room between us and then resumed previous speed, the guy then guns it to catch up and continues tailgaiting. So I try another tactic and tap my brakes a few times to flash my brakes like "hey back up dude" (Not hitting them to slow/stop just flash lights) then looked back at the dumbass like "Do you mind?". He still didn't get it. So I Pulled my clutch in and revved up the motor to make my engine yell at him thinking maybe he would get the clue that I didn't want to become his personal speed-bump. Nope guy remained clueless. Only thing I could think of was to gun it and change lanes and get in front of the car ahead of me to put the sane driver that was infront of me behind me and get back over,to put the non-idiot driver in between the a-hole and myself. I was wondering if any of you had suggestions on how to deal with these morons. Save the whole carry ball bearings and flick them into the air/punch mirror suggestions please. Looking for the safer more responsible replies if possible. All I can think of is get the hell out of thier way.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Default RE: Tailgaters........

I just get out of their way..Nothing u do is going to make them stop..

I just get back behind them(at a nice distance)and give them a nice tan though for being so close to me(hids on high tend to blind ,even during the day)..

Old 08-16-2008, 09:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They suck but getting away from them is the best thing to do. Retaliation is pointless.

Old 08-16-2008, 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

They suck but getting away from them is the best thing to do. Retaliation is pointless.
^^+1000000000000 exactly but I do wish there were a way to maybe bust thier @ss. I wonder if a tail camera with an option to record with flip of switch would be worth the effort. It'd have to get the idiots license plate and have a way to judge distance lol. Then turn it into the police and have them give a crap. If it would work I'd so do it though.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Retired Moderator

If you can assume he is not a dick, and is just ignorant or clueless, I would try to pull into the next lane when it was safe, and motion him forward with my left hand. Let him take the lead if he is so excited to make it to his destination three seconds before you...rushing forward in traffic doesn't get you anywhere quicker, I have tried it before to no avail.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:57 PM

I think some people just do this stuff on purpose.... I dont know the answer though.......

Name:  003522.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  29.2 KB

Old 08-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I try and wave them past as quick as possible.

Old 08-17-2008, 02:17 AM
Retired Moderator

I usually pull into the other lane for them to pass, or speed up and let another person block them. But either way, it make me nervous. But if pull up next to them at a stop light, I'll kindly say "Do you mind not tailing me so close next time?"..........their response is the trigger for them either saying sorry and me forgetting about it, or them giving me attitude, in which case I get their license plate number.

"Ooooo, their plate number" you say, but don't fear my friends, for Foxy has many friends in high places. If someone really pisses me off, I give the vehicle description and plate number to one of the many police officer friends I know who also ride bikes. They'll find the car and usually wait until he/she does something stupid again (because stupid people do that.......chronic stupidity.) They'll pull him/her over and say "Do you realize the biker you were tailgating earlier was a good friend of mine?" They tell me their face expressions are absolutely priceless.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:04 AM

I saw a video on youtube where a guy shows how he gets rid of tailgaters. Op, I found it :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlF8M6coeEM&feature=related

Old 08-17-2008, 07:53 AM

ORIGINAL: thisismyacct

I saw a video on youtube where a guy shows how he gets rid of tailgaters. Op, I found it :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlF8M6coeEM&feature=related

Ummm, that guy should be the *anti-drugs* poster child.

Quick Reply: Tailgaters........