Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

t-rex racing????? Stands

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: t-rex racing????? Stands

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

Not had either of those issues with mine. I'm not quite sure if I follow what you are saying about the adapter tho. By the pic your adapter appears to be 2 pieces bolted together as mine is one solid piece. Is that what you are referring too ras??
If your adapter is 1 solid piece it wouldn't do it. Mine has the spool/pad then it has the square pipe that slides into the stand itself with a bolt holding those pieces together. If I used spools, I would have to loosen the bolt and slide the one piece in the opposite direction.

Overall, I would buy them again. Not the best IMO, but they get the job done.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i bought the t-rex stands off ebay for $110 and I have to agree with rrasco, my right side seems to pivot because of the connection joint, and also the spool/swingarm adapter will slip, even if you tighten the bolts down as much as you can, so i set them all the way down, making the rear tire closer to the floor....

Old 09-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rrasco

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

Not had either of those issues with mine. I'm not quite sure if I follow what you are saying about the adapter tho. By the pic your adapter appears to be 2 pieces bolted together as mine is one solid piece. Is that what you are referring too ras??
If your adapter is 1 solid piece it wouldn't do it. Mine has the spool/pad then it has the square pipe that slides into the stand itself with a bolt holding those pieces together. If I used spools, I would have to loosen the bolt and slide the one piece in the opposite direction.

Overall, I would buy them again. Not the best IMO, but they get the job done.
Mine ahve the sliding square tube n lock bolt too. But mine havent budged since I've got em n tighten em all up. Mine also are semi exposed to the elements (carport) and I have not seen the first sign of rust.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:07 PM

I bought some last year, and I love them. my buddy comes over and uses it on his bike too. I think I paid $90 for the set.

I get what you are saying rrasco, but mine doesnt do that. maybe they drilled the holes a little offset so its not straight to begin with?

Old 09-18-2008, 01:08 PM

I've been looking at stands for a while it seems like these are the way to with the price as low as it is and the quality seems to be pretty good from the comments. How important is it to have the bike on stands vs. just the regular kickstand? I guess my main question is, what are the benefits of a stand. I live in NH and will be storing my bike in a garage for about 5 months during the winter. I had my previous bike for 3 years and never used stands so I'm just looking for some feedback.

Thanks, Matt

Old 09-18-2008, 01:13 PM

ORIGINAL: smokin2k

I've been looking at stands for a while it seems like these are the way to with the price as low as it is and the quality seems to be pretty good from the comments. How important is it to have the bike on stands vs. just the regular kickstand? I guess my main question is, what are the benefits of a stand. I live in NH and will be storing my bike in a garage for about 5 months during the winter. I had my previous bike for 3 years and never used stands so I'm just looking for some feedback.

Thanks, Matt
less likely to get knocked over. Makes doing maintenance, oil changes, adjusting/lubing chain, changing tires, cleaning etc all easier.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:19 PM

Thanks for the fast reply. I'm sold!

Is it recommended to get ones that utilize the swingarm or spools?

Old 09-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think if you can use spools its better, it wont move forward or back; shouldnt rather.

PG, the tube holds on mine, its the other piece that bolts onto the tube piece.

Old 09-18-2008, 01:45 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

I think if you can use spools its better, it wont move forward or back; shouldnt rather.

PG, the tube holds on mine, its the other piece that bolts onto the tube piece.
I'll have to get a pic of mine.

Old 09-18-2008, 06:41 PM

I have the T-Rex rear stand and its identical to Rrasco's only it's got the silver paint job. Mine does the same thing, both sides roll inward under the weight of the bike so it's actually only sitting on the inner two wheels. I haven't been using it lately so I haven't bothered to pull out the MIG welder, but that would definitely fix it up right. Beyond that one slight oversight they are decent stands. If you don't have access to a MIG welder, I'd go buy some grade 8 bolts or something and throw those on in place of the cheap hardware they give you with the stand.

Quick Reply: t-rex racing????? Stands