Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

suspended license and dmv abstract ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 01:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy suspended license and dmv abstract ?

So, to make a long story short I got a speeding ticket, being a dumby on the 605, back in 2013. I got a lawyer to represent me in court amd he didn't show up. So then I get a FTA hold put on my license. I've moved to Oregon as of late and when I tried to get a new license it denied me because of the California hold. I called a new lawyer got a new court date set up ( for anyone whoes dealt wirh gc collection services you know how much of a nightmare that is) and had my friend who works for the law office to go and get me a DMV abstract to release the license. this all happened two weeks ago. I go into the dmv here in OR and surprise!!! My license is still on hold ! Wtf?!? So I call the dmv in ca and they say they havent recieved anything..... and the court says theyve released it. Has anyone here dealt with a similar situation ? Any suggestions (other than dont get tickets or ftas -__-) ? Thanks for any help in advance !

Old 03-25-2015, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by superjuicebox2
So, to make a long story short I got a speeding ticket, being a dumby on the 605, back in 2013. I got a lawyer to represent me in court amd he didn't show up. So then I get a FTA hold put on my license. I've moved to Oregon as of late and when I tried to get a new license it denied me because of the California hold. I called a new lawyer got a new court date set up ( for anyone whoes dealt wirh gc collection services you know how much of a nightmare that is) and had my friend who works for the law office to go and get me a DMV abstract to release the license. this all happened two weeks ago. I go into the dmv here in OR and surprise!!! My license is still on hold ! Wtf?!? So I call the dmv in ca and they say they havent recieved anything..... and the court says theyve released it. Has anyone here dealt with a similar situation ? Any suggestions (other than dont get tickets or ftas -__-) ? Thanks for any help in advance !
From my understanding an abstract does nothing, if your lawyer scheduled a new court date, and a motion to remove the hold you'd still have to appear in court for it to be removed. Idk though Illinois has different laws

Old 03-26-2015, 12:39 PM

Yeah Cali abstracts are supposed to remove the holds, they are basically a message from the court saying that the FTA has been taken care of and to release the license. But the lady I talked to on the phone at the CA dmv said they screw around at the court and dont send it all the time.... very frustrating.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by superjuicebox2
Yeah Cali abstracts are supposed to remove the holds, they are basically a message from the court saying that the FTA has been taken care of and to release the license. But the lady I talked to on the phone at the CA dmv said they screw around at the court and dont send it all the time.... very frustrating.
Sorry bro I've been there though.. License was suspended 3 or 4 times.
Keep at it you'll get your license eventually.