Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Surprise!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 07:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surprise!!!!!!!!

so she tells me the other day that it's over.Yeah after 20 yrs. of marriage. The house will be paid off next year, the kid will be in college, she finally got a job 2 yrs. ago (that's right i paid all the bills and supported our family by working my *** off all those years) now she can't see spending the rest of her life with me. didn't realize why she allways found a reason to start a fight with me the past couple of years,she didn't want me around.now when i look back it's so easy to see, but at the time i guess i didn't want to see it. probably will sell the house and she gets half,she gets half of whats left of my 401k,half of my pension,alimony and child support.only thing she's not getting is half of my motorcycle.she always despised my bike because she could never stop me from riding it.don't think there's another guy in the picture but really don't care either,if she doesn't want me anymore then she's on her own.feel kinda sorry for the next guy.Know i'll get through this and hopefully be a happier person in the end.

Old 03-11-2009, 07:45 AM

Sorry to hear that man. I hope she will be reasonable throughout the process. Try your best to be level headed and ask her to do the same.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear that bro, but at least you're not letting it get you down too much. I see your point too man, if shes not happy with you then you'll move on. Good attitude to have. hopefully it all works out for you

And by the way.. You still have you're bike so you're in good shape

Old 03-11-2009, 08:55 AM

Sorry to hear..
Keep your head up

Old 03-11-2009, 09:22 AM

Sorry to hear that, 20 years is a lot of time to put into something just for it to get flushed. This also reaffirms why I'm never getting married.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:23 AM

just sucks that your whole life has to change due to a womans midlife crisis.Yeah just trying to keep it together, thanks guys

Old 03-11-2009, 09:34 AM

That sucks in a lot of ways, and I'm sorry to hear it, but there's a few positives: at least your kids are old enough to deal with it, no fighting over visitation rights! Also, and perhaps more important is that if she's been unhappy for some time, then I'm sure she's been making you miserable for all that time, though you may not fully realize how much so for a while. Like the others said, keep your head up! And keep the rubber side down!

Old 03-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that brother. Same thing happened to my brother after 12yrs and 3 kids, but the ***** had a boyfriend. It took him a little while to get back on his feet, but now he is doing good. Best of luck to you. She is now the one that has to live with her decision.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:47 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy

So its a money thing? Obviously you two were once in love. Have you thought about trying to save the marriage and what that would require. I am thinking that 20 years and people get bored or something. If there is no other man then what would be so bad about a little rekindling? Unless you are just done with her BS as well try talking and going over why you two were together in the first place and what you would need to make it work. If anything at all that alone might save you a little money or even buy you some time to secure some of your assets.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:17 PM

guess it is a money thing in the way that i supported her our whole married life and i get thrown under the bus like this.But i guess that just because i took care of her all those years doesn't mean she HAS to love me forever.Very complicated time right now but one things for sure-my kid thinks the world of me and that's the most important thing in my life.

Quick Reply: Surprise!!!!!!!!