Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

stupid lil story about my sat ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid lil story about my sat ride

so saturday im stoked there 80 degree weather i havent ridden 4 2 weeks just came off a 2 week range stoked for good weather to go and ride, so my wife and i get up early to go for a ride. well im tired of switching between tint and clear shields just a pain in my as (cant wait for akuma t.o.d to come out) anyways so im wearing my shooting glassin in my helmet and im cruising with the visor up getting that nice airflow all of a sudden i get ambushed by a fricken bug that gets stuck in between my glasses and eyebrow and i hear the lil ****er buzzing about but im on a highway not suitable place to just stop, so i get of the next exit about a mile up stop, take my glasses of fast and i'll be damned if a bee didnt come out. im 19 and have never been stung by a bee, lol i couldnt believe that SOB didnt sting me..anyways ive been meaning to share my near death by bee experince with you guys so there it is lol

Old 04-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Default RE: stupid lil story about my sat ride

Last year after washing my bike I threw on some shades and took the bike around the subdivision. I took something to the neck which I think was a bee that stung me because my neck got a huge red spot and it got all swollen up for a week. ow. =(

I honestly do not know how people can ride without helmets. I took a bug to the neck at 25 and it felt like I got shot. I can't even imagine at 70mph!!!!! I have bug guts galore all over my helmet and when they hit it sounds like rocks. Glad you're ok!

Mike

Old 04-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I had a buddy wearin a t-shirt last year on a spirited county ride take a june bug in the shoulder doing about 125. Said it almost knocked him off the bike lol. Had a frickin bruise the size of a silver dollar, all black and blue. He wears a jacket all the time now

Old 04-16-2008, 11:37 PM

ORIGINAL: oakasrtheshiz

so saturday im stoked there 80 degree weather i havent ridden 4 2 weeks just came off a 2 week range stoked for good weather to go and ride, so my wife and i get up early to go for a ride. well im tired of switching between tint and clear shields just a pain in my as (cant wait for akuma t.o.d to come out) anyways so im wearing my shooting glassin in my helmet and im cruising with the visor up getting that nice airflow all of a sudden i get ambushed by a fricken bug that gets stuck in between my glasses and eyebrow and i hear the lil ****er buzzing about but im on a highway not suitable place to just stop, so i get of the next exit about a mile up stop, take my glasses of fast and i'll be damned if a bee didnt come out. im 19 and have never been stung by a bee, lol i couldnt believe that SOB didnt sting me..anyways ive been meaning to share my near death by bee experince with you guys so there it is lol
19, and already married!!!
[sm=jawdrop.gif]

Old 04-17-2008, 12:21 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: snowboarding82

I honestly do not know how people can ride without helmets. I took a bug to the neck at 25 and it felt like I got shot.
My helmet only goes to my jaw line...

Yeah, yer lucky that bastard bee was like, "what the hell did I hit," and not, "this ***** hit me!"

Old 04-17-2008, 01:24 AM

Crazier thing happened to me..riding along normally and feel a sudden sharp pain on my chest and could've sworn it was a bee. Disregarded that, because later that day i lowsided and went down hard. Fast foward to when i get home and take off my jacket a bee frkkn drops on the ground still alive. So that means this little bugger stung me before i lowsided and went down with me but still survived!

Old 04-17-2008, 01:29 AM

ORIGINAL: whtan20

Crazier thing happened to me..riding along normally and feel a sudden sharp pain on my chest and could've sworn it was a bee. Disregarded that, because later that day i lowsided and went down hard. Fast foward to when i get home and take off my jacket a bee frkkn drops on the ground still alive. So that means this little bugger stung me before i lowsided and went down with me but still survived!
awwww what a little trooper poor little guy... okay onanother more normal note, glad to hear that your eyeball is stinger free

Old 04-17-2008, 09:38 PM

yea...never thought it would happen that way...but shes a pretty amazing girl

Old 04-17-2008, 10:10 PM

take a bird to the face *****.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Took a bird in the shoulder one time doing around 120. Luckly I was wearing leathers and all it left was a blood splatter.

Quick Reply: stupid lil story about my sat ride