Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stung by a bee

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stung by a bee

About a month ago i had just come off the freeway and started to hit the city so i popped open the visor and about 30seconds later BAM nailed right in my left eye by a HUGE bug. So here i am riding and trying to whipe my eye clean i took a first wipe and looked at my glove to find green and yellow ****/guts all over. I pulled over and spit in my hand to whipe it clean...nasty i know

Old 05-30-2006, 01:15 AM

I remember driving a golfcart once, (i know, not the same as driving/riding a bike) and just when I set my hand down on the seat, BAM right in the side of my palm this yella jacket stung me right there. it felt like someone set a chunk of thermite on my palm and lit it off.

Yes I said golf cart btw. I was workin that day so it was cool.

Old 05-30-2006, 03:36 AM

LOL... good stories, but I think my dad tops it off

He was riding his suzuki boulevard m50 on a backroad about a month ago, cruisin at around 100 when a turkey decided he HAD to get across the road before he got there... he didnt make it. It shattered the hell out of his windshield, busted a turn signal and sent him into a speed wobble. Luckily he was on the longer, more stable cruiser and somehow rode it out... crazy sh**

Old 05-30-2006, 06:25 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hit a robin last week with my right knee. It must have hit just right, though, because I didn't even feel it. Then a couple days later I hit a possum at night at high speed and split it in half.
I hate the bugs in the helmet, though, that's the worst. Makes me shudder just thinking about it.

Old 05-31-2006, 03:00 AM

my insect adventure happened the first week i got my first bike, a 93 cbr 600. i had never ridden before getting my bike. i was on my way home at dusk when BAM a dragon fly hit my square in the air vent in front of my mouth. bug juice came spraying through. the the bird sized dragonfly flipped inside my helment. its legs where death quivering on my lips and nose. NASTY. almost wrecked but somehow made it to the roadside.
on my way home an owl swooped down missing me by inches. weird day.
cb

Old 05-31-2006, 11:39 AM

Didn't happen to me, but my MSF instructor told me about a time that he had been riding. He and his group stopped and he put his helmet on the ground. Apparently ants are attracted to the bug guts on your helmet, and he put his helmet down near a bunch of ants that proceeded to devour the dead bugs on the outside of his helmet. He didn't notice the ants when he put his helmet back on. A couple miles down the road they started crawling inside the helmet and on to his face. He had to stop, but unfortunately he was at the back of the pack and his buddies left him to clean the bugs out of his helmet. pretty funny.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Default RE: Stung by a bee - Mee too

Ok i picked up my wife from work and i took some back roads home. Driveing along I feel something hit my hand. I don't think anything of it. About 5 minuits later i start to feel something crawl up my arm stinging me everyfew inches.

Picture this, my wife on the back of my motorcycle, comming up to some Railroad tracks that are raised is such a way that people have jumped them accidentenly (drivers ed car in high school was fun for that). I start freaking out, because something is cralling up my arm. I get over the tracks, pullover into one of the driveways, and yell at my wife to get off. She has no clue why. I then rip off my jacket, which must have been a funny site to see me flailing my arms trying to get out, just to see a bee fly out the arm.

Damb bugs, I boutght a new helmit this weekend, and after my first ride of 20 minuits it looks like could have populated a masquito city.

-bj (wileycbr)

Old 09-21-2007, 06:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was at the MSF class with my friend. He said, right before the one test...he put the visor down and started off and a fly was buzzing around in front of his face.

Non-bike related story:
Went to a hotdog stand with (my now ex-) wife. Got the usual, couple dogs and milkshake. She's driving as I'm busy slurping away on my shake. I got this clump up the straw. Thinking of was just a piece of frozen ice cream or ice or something. I chomp away and swallowed. Interesting taste to it. Then I got another one...but this one felt a little weird. so I pull it out of my mouth...it's a dead fly. Apparently the cup that was used to make my shake had dead flies in the bottom of it.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:49 PM

ORIGINAL: chainstretcher

I had a yellow jacket sting me on the neck last year. I only had about 1/2 inch of exposed skin between the helmet and top of my jacket but the little bastard sure did find it[:@]

About 4 years ago I was cruising along (read: very fast) and hit a bird with my right shoulder. I didn't know at the time though. I heard a loud POP and instantly noticed blood on my helmet and the arm of my jacket. Actually thought I'd been shot because it hurt like crazy -- even through the armor. Made it home only to find feathers -- doh!!@#!!
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 09-21-2007, 07:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Black

The fires of a thousand suns, in my damn hand.
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Quick Reply: Stung by a bee