Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

strange device in my car

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: strange device in my car

its a old rockford but it is a 2 channel 500 watt amp prolly used for your highs. i wouldent touch it unless it stops working. i am a competitor in car stereo events and if you dont know what ur doin w/an amp and it works. dont touch it.
simple
take it easy
JonBrown

Old 07-18-2007, 10:26 PM

i'd tell ya to flip it over and it would tell you the model, but it definitely looks like an old punch 250a2.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: JonBrown

its a old rockford but it is a 2 channel 500 watt amp prolly used for your highs. i wouldent touch it unless it stops working. i am a competitor in car stereo events and if you dont know what ur doin w/an amp and it works. dont touch it.
simple
take it easy
JonBrown
lol, i dont think its hooked up to anything, look at the wires just hanging off of it.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:58 PM

yea, it is an amp
as i figured it was
the only reason i wasnt 100% sure is because as i said, there are other versions of my car with a nav system in that same spot...and i didnt recognize that logo

Old 07-19-2007, 09:06 AM

its a RF 500w because on the old ones youcan tell by counting the wings. the 250 has 3, 500 has 5 and the 1000 had 10 taht is just on the older models w/the old logo

Old 07-19-2007, 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

ORIGINAL: rrasco

ok, so you are hooking up your stereo, you find a rockford amp under your seat, and you dont know what all those wires do....not to be an *******, but something tells me someone else should be hooking up your stereo for you.
+1 i was actually looking for something other than the amp. untill it occured to me he meant the old fosgate.....[sm=sigh.gif].. makes me kinda worried when someone who is installing their own system finds and amp and doesnt know what it is just by looking @ it
Exactly what i was thinkin as well. I was lookin for somethin else but then i was the other amp in the corner. I was hopein that he would be able to recognize a RF amp if he is installin his own system.

So, did u make ur own box 199 or didu goto a store and buy a box/speaker combo deal that came with the amp?

Old 07-19-2007, 09:18 AM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

ORIGINAL: JonBrown

simple
take it easy
JonBrown
lol, i dont think its hooked up to anything, look at the wires just hanging off of it.
I missed those in the first picture. I would try and hook a sub up to the amp to see if it's working. If so, you already have your amp, and at the very worst, you have a place to mount the new one as well as power and you have an old RF amp you can sell for a few bucks.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:22 AM

When I was in college, my roommate bought a RF amp. It came with a "Rockford Fosgate" sticker in the package. He used a razor blade to cut the letters apart, then arranged them to say "**** Rock." This guy that lived down the hall was a real douche, so he put the new bumper sticker on his car. Took him about a week to notice it.

Bavk on topic: how much do you want to sell that old RF amp for?

Old 07-19-2007, 09:55 AM

the old RF amps are amazing! you can mod the hell outa them and get a whole bunch more power.
id use that amp for something if its not hoooked up at the moment... see if you can find that model on ebay and see waht they are goin for

Old 07-19-2007, 10:05 AM

hell, at the very least u can prolly use it to run your highs

Quick Reply: strange device in my car