Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stoner

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

. I read that VR and NH were having troubles durring qualifying with their bikes; maybe they just have them tuned in right yet
I think its more that the competition is really prepaired this year. NH is having his usual troubled start of the season. I hope he gets his groove earlier this year than he did last year though as he is still one of my favorite riders. I do however think it will be his last year on a factory team unfortunately. Rossi's finish is way more impressive than I thought it would be. He is riding a bike that has no front end feel, is extremely hard to turn and his shoulder is still giving him a lot of trouble. He couldn't even get in all of his practice sessions as his shoulder would fade during practice and he couldn't hold the bike. With a finish like that, he will be at the top very soon.

Old 03-22-2011, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
Actually I am a big Nicky Hayden fan, just because he's not with Honda anymore doesnt mean I will stop rooting for him. I followed him to Ducati since IMO Ducati is my dream bike and the best looking/performing bike. Ducati is what got me into motorcycles (Fled- Ducati 916). 2nd to Hayden is the TEXAS TORNADO! Colin Edwards FTMFW.
I'm the same with Schwantz. Back in his day he could have changed teams or manufacturers several times but doesn't change the fact that he's a legend!

Old 03-22-2011, 02:47 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

I love MOTOGP And I like Stoner a lot. Hope spies does better then that *** Lorenzo lol... This is the first year I dont hate rossi either! It's a great season and as always GO TEAM REPSOL!

Old 03-22-2011, 02:50 AM

Actually I am a big Nicky Hayden fan, just because he's not with Honda anymore doesnt mean I will stop rooting for him. I followed him to Ducati since IMO Ducati is my dream bike and the best looking/performing bike. Ducati is what got me into motorcycles (Fled- Ducati 916). 2nd to Hayden is the TEXAS TORNADO! Colin Edwards FTMFW.
I love Hayden too but lets be honest he's been terrible since they went from 1000cc to 800cc. Next year they go back to 1kCC he will be good again, until then I wont expect him to podium all year.

That being said You sound like someone who's been drinking the Ducati koolaid. Be honest have you ever actually ridden a duck? They are big expesnsive track bikes. If you dont track them on a daily basis they fall apart with the normal wear and tear of the normal street riding.

My good friend has owned one of the best bike shops in Houston and he constantly tells me he will Never ever buy a Ducati because they break all the time and are 5x more to fix.

Not to mention their clutches sound like complete ***

They look super pretty and you get poser points tho :P

Anyway sorry for the rant but I can do whatever I want because I'm awesome!

Old 03-22-2011, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by justasquid
I think its more that the competition is really prepaired this year.
Yeah it seems like there is a lot of competition across the board, in all of the classes. It should be a good season.

I went out trolling my small town last night and found a local bar that will show the races on the weekends, so excited that now I can watch them and just not watch highlights and read about it after.

Last edited by amRRussel; 03-23-2011 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
I love Hayden too but lets be honest he's been terrible since they went from 1000cc to 800cc. Next year they go back to 1kCC he will be good again, until then I wont expect him to podium all year.

That being said You sound like someone who's been drinking the Ducati koolaid. Be honest have you ever actually ridden a duck? They are big expesnsive track bikes. If you dont track them on a daily basis they fall apart with the normal wear and tear of the normal street riding.

My good friend has owned one of the best bike shops in Houston and he constantly tells me he will Never ever buy a Ducati because they break all the time and are 5x more to fix.

Not to mention their clutches sound like complete ***

They look super pretty and you get poser points tho :P

Anyway sorry for the rant but I can do whatever I want because I'm awesome!

When I buy ****, I buy it because I want it and can afford to maintain it. I have always worked on my own ****, I can pick up a manual and fix anything. So...next

Im not a band wagon guy, I could care less if Hayden placed 15 in all the races im not going to jump ship. You can band wagon but im not, let me guess you were on the Steelers nut's when they were going to the Super Bowl? Then they lost! Im a Cowboys fan and was wearing their jersey during the Super Bowl. Are you tracking?!?!

Oh and yes, all the Moto GP races are DVR'd!

Old 03-22-2011, 09:40 AM

When I buy ****, I buy it because I want it and can afford to maintain it. I have always worked on my own ****, I can pick up a manual and fix anything. So...next

Im not a band wagon guy, I could care less if Hayden placed 15 in all the races im not going to jump ship. You can band wagon but im not, let me guess you were on the Steelers nut's when they were going to the Super Bowl? Then they lost! Im a Cowboys fan and was wearing their jersey during the Super Bowl. Are you tracking?!?!

Oh and yes, all the Moto GP races are DVR'd!

Lol Nope! I went for the Packers, Went for the Giants against the pats too :P

I'm not even lose to a bandwagon guy. "Kinda why I hate Rossi and Lorenzo"

That being said I never said I didn't like Hayden I love him I just don't expet him to podium this season. I'd be super happy if he does. I like Spies even though he rides for the team I hate because he's a Texan and I wish him the best and cheer for him!

anything else I miss?

BTW I have Cowboys season tickets

Old 03-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by justasquid
I think its more that the competition is really prepaired this year. NH is having his usual troubled start of the season. I hope he gets his groove earlier this year than he did last year though as he is still one of my favorite riders. I do however think it will be his last year on a factory team unfortunately. Rossi's finish is way more impressive than I thought it would be. He is riding a bike that has no front end feel, is extremely hard to turn and his shoulder is still giving him a lot of trouble. He couldn't even get in all of his practice sessions as his shoulder would fade during practice and he couldn't hold the bike. With a finish like that, he will be at the top very soon.
whoa... hayden was extremely impressive out of the box last year.... finished 4th in the first 3 races last year. DNF'ed at mugello, but then 4th at silverstone right after that. he podiumed at aragon. he did great last year. and he's signed already for next year, so this won't be his last year on the factory team. remember all the press being astonished that someone else besides stoner was finally able to do something with the ducati?

and he couldn't get the bike to work in qualifying this year at qatar, but he fought back throughout the race to finish 9th. the team will probably look at that as a positive result. not to mention, hayden is probably one of the few riders that rossi can actually stand to be teammates with and that ducati can afford to pay to ride (because of the coin rossi gets) which is pretty important when developing a new bike for next year.

hayden has a huge fan base in america... ducati knows that and they need that press now more than ever considering they don't have pegram racing anymore (thus no one racing big ducatis), they launched the diavel - which is largely aimed at america, and he's a great face guy for ducati, he doesn't whine, he doesn't trash talk the bike either.

as far as rossi.... jerez is going to be hard for him.... i hope he can carry it the momentum.

just curious did anyone see ben's brake rotors when he was braking at the end of the straight (glowing bright red) while battling with rossi. that was pretty spectacular.

and stoner is awesome. he blew pedrosa's doors off in the last few laps (i think he went up 1 1/2 sec in just one lap!). as long as he doesn't DNF, i dont see him finishing off the podium that often... if at all. Jorge has his work cut out for him this year. HRC is just unbelievably prepared.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:55 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

LOL i caught the beginning but not the end... its funny it was like

honda
yamaha
honda
yamaha
honda
yamaha

back and forth through the corners haha

Old 03-22-2011, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
Lol Nope! I went for the Packers, Went for the Giants against the pats too :P

I'm not even lose to a bandwagon guy. "Kinda why I hate Rossi and Lorenzo"

That being said I never said I didn't like Hayden I love him I just don't expet him to podium this season. I'd be super happy if he does. I like Spies even though he rides for the team I hate because he's a Texan and I wish him the best and cheer for him!

anything else I miss?

BTW I have Cowboys season tickets
So why are we arguing?!?!?! Same team dude.....

I bet Nicky takes Laguena.

Quick Reply: Stoner