CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Stolen Gear (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/stolen-gear-153663/)

Tonycbr87 07-11-2015 08:40 PM

Stolen Gear

Anyone ever had their gear stolen off their bike? Turned back for less then a minute and over $500 in gear walks off :icon_no:

Sebastionbear1 07-12-2015 03:42 AM

No, I've been lucky I guess. But I usually park my bike where I can see it.

What was taken?

Cheers, SB

Tonycbr87 07-12-2015 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sebastionbear (Post 1289892)
No, I've been lucky I guess. But I usually park my bike where I can see it.

What was taken?

Cheers, SB

As followed:
Icon airframe helmet
Icon sanctuary jacket
older pair of icon glove, they got 1 icon glove (they dropped one). they where in helmet.
Ipod touch

I was just lucky to not have my wallet/iphone in the jacket like a normally carry them. I was taking a picture with my iphone of some bikes when they snatched them in plain sight and i was only 30 or so feet away. Few people seen it happened but no one was close enough to stop their truck (out of state). Lesson learned..

Insurance said its not covered because its an "added option which i do not have".. makes no sense. Its still my fault in the end i guess, should't leave expensive gear alone like that.

hamlin6 07-12-2015 10:19 PM

lesson learned or not, it's crappy thing for somebody to do. Hopefully you are an unknown carrier of some sort of flesh eating bacteria and they will get infected when they put on their new gear.

Sebastionbear1 07-13-2015 06:28 AM

+1

I hope Karma kicks the thieving low-lives fair in the cods :icon_saywhat:

Not something you'd expect.

Cheers, SB

74demon 07-13-2015 07:05 AM

That really sucks. Low life scum of the earth....

I never leave things on the bike. If its sunny, I will cover me dash with my spare set of cheapy gloves, but that's it. Everything else goes with me. I try my best to park the bike where I can see it too. If I can't, it's a very quick trip inside where I'm at.

allenpa5 07-13-2015 09:34 AM

I bought a thick, combo-lock bicycle lock to run through my gear and the bike frame to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen. $15 well spent.

Tonycbr87 07-14-2015 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by allenpa5 (Post 1289927)
I bought a thick, combo-lock bicycle lock to run through my gear and the bike frame to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen. $15 well spent.

Good idea. I normally never leave my gear on the bike, but i wasn't inside any buildings at the time. We stopped off at a spot that over looked the valley where most bikes stop. I'm sure this guy(guy's) have done this quite a few times, they where to fast for it to be random. I guess there is good money in stolen gear, probably end up on ebay :icon_gunhead: