Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stolen bag = No more work blackberry.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Stolen bag = No more work blackberry.

At least they didn't get my personal cell phone!

Off to Verizon; I think i'm going to bring my own lube for the ramming i'm about to receive.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:36 AM
2011 Ride of the Year

man this sucks......... it could be worse, a lot worse. so im glad it wasnt anything of much more value.

Old 04-17-2011, 10:37 AM

Ky ftw.

If you want to feel better about having your stuff stolen just ask me what I've had jacked over the last few years.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:02 AM
August 2011 ROTM

I had a dream last night that my bike got stolen. I have to confront some guys and I found it though ha ha

Hassle that you gotta go through to replace what you got stolen is not fun at all

Old 04-17-2011, 11:18 AM

Well just got back - pretty good outcome all things considered.

I didn't have their elective insurance plan on the phone (6.99 month - $99 payment for advanced device claim, limit 2 yearly).
Soooo I was pretty much up a creek. Only blackberry they have that meets my work phone requirements was $550 brand new. Cancelling current plan and restarting another 2 year contract was about 500 all things said and done

I could have added a line,but would have had to pay for the blackberry and been stuck with an extra $10 a month which I guess would have been the semi best option butttt

My awesome new Verizon store buddy guy was like i'm not supposed to do this however he added the insurance option from a backdate and told me to process the theft on Monday after 2:30 and there is a $14 express shipping option for next day.

So looking like with all this Fiasco I will be out $114 bucks and no phone til Tuesday.

All things considered i'm pretty pleased - at least it wasn't a 350-550 expense.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:20 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, where was the bag when it was stolen?

Old 04-17-2011, 11:56 AM

Nvm on the ky. Spit sounds like it will do the trick just fine :P

Old 04-17-2011, 01:27 PM

At the gym Jeff. I never keep my wallet or anything in the bag - but today I tossed my cellphone in there. So they got a cellphone, some food, and a Tshirt.

My old one turned off. I think they turned it off and threw it away once they realized there was no wallet in the bag.

Pretty unusual too, I live in a nice area / good gym too. Oh well.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:09 PM

Sounds like you made out alright.

One cool thing about phones running android is that there are a few free apps that let you access the gps on the phone from any computer in the world. All in the background. And then track down the theifs from within google maps... You can even get an adrress/street view. I've been waiting for someone to steal my phone.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by bowtieboy42
Sounds like you made out alright.

One cool thing about phones running android is that there are a few free apps that let you access the gps on the phone from any computer in the world. All in the background. And then track down the theifs from within google maps... You can even get an adrress/street view. I've been waiting for someone to steal my phone.
Rim (the people who make blackberry) has a native app like this that i downloaded. Just go to appworld and download "blackberry protect". Once its on your phone you can go on to the website....BlackBerry - BlackBerry Protect.... and login and see where your phone is, make it set off an alarm thingy, you can type a message and have it appear on the phone, lock the phone, and wipe all the information off the phone. Its all free so its a nice thing to get just in case.

Quick Reply: Stolen bag = No more work blackberry.