Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stolen 2000 Honda F4....

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen 2000 Honda F4....

RETURNED!!!!

So Back story since i havent been on here in a long time. (cliff notes at the bottom for those who do not like reading )

Parked my motorcycle for the "winter". I live in an apartment complex, Have no garage, But sits under my car port and chained to the pole that holds the overhang up. Go to the gym, return 2 hours later, Motorcycle......Gone....

Ignition busted in pieces on the ground, Chain is completely gone, and tire marks and foot prints going out the parking lot onto the grass that is next to the street.

At this point im heart broken. My baby has just been stolen from me, Call 9-1-1 and insurance and file a claim. cop comes out takes some pictures and gives me the confident speech of, "usually we dont find motorcycles". Although i already knew that from when my Dad had his motorcycyle stolen years ago and him telling me stories..

Week goes by, and at this point I know im not getting my bike back, Start looking for other motorcycles and nothing in my price range that i can afford...

Fast forward to present time, 2 months later. Sitting at my parents house visiting just hanging out and the phone rings.. Im the closest too it so I answer.... Local Officer on the phone says he found my motorcycle.... in 1 piece... Running... in pretty good shape.... and my jaw hits the floor...

1 Piece? Running? in good shape? Cant Believe it... Go down to the police station, get my release form, and information on where the bike is stored, Cop doesnt show me any pictures (i told him not too) and he sends me on my way...

Get to the Tow Yard and its in better shape than I imagined it and it actually does run... words cant describe how happy I am to have it back.. And with not too much work to be done to get it back on the road..

So thats my story... now you can see some pictures! before and after!

Cliffnotes:
Motorcycyle chained to pole and parked for winter, Leave for gym, Come back motorcycyle gone.
Look for other motorcycles nothing in my price range.
2 Months later police call me and say they find my motorcycle in 1 piece, Running and in good shape
Go pick up motorcycle and its in better shape than i imagined.

Picture time!

Before:
Name:  photo-23.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  57.0 KB
Name:  646ea7ed.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  88.8 KB
Name:  7d5dcb24.jpg
Size:  128.2 KB

AFTER:
Name:  photo-43.jpg
Size:  57.6 KB
Name:  photo-42.jpg
Size:  49.5 KB
Name:  photo-41.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  59.5 KB

Great job holding together the "Mirror"
Name:  photo-40.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  67.9 KB

Installed a cool ignition switch, since he broke the OEM Ignition
Name:  photo-39.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  62.3 KB

Drilled out the lock to get to the gas tank
Name:  photo-37.jpg
Size:  104.8 KB

Name:  photo-35.jpg
Size:  80.0 KB

Nice pulley system to get under the seat
Name:  photo-34.jpg
Size:  48.7 KB

RedNeck Fender Eliminator
Name:  photo-33.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  64.4 KB

Big plus.. Yoshimura Exhaust (no idea where this came from)
Name:  photo-32.jpg
Size:  62.0 KB

"Tinted" Windscreen
Name:  photo-30.jpg
Size:  48.2 KB

And a new paint job
Name:  photo-29.jpg
Size:  48.2 KB

I am very lucky to have it back in 1 piece!

Old 05-19-2012, 03:24 PM

classic, people steal something then paint it black.... but good you have it back, did the police mention how they found it?

Old 05-19-2012, 04:04 PM

Yeah i figured it was going to be painted black..

Police say he stopped in front of his friends house and a neighbor called in and said there was some suspicious activity going on across the street.. Cops showed up, Knew the guy from previous engagements, and knew there was something up with the motorcycle.

Glad theres still people out there that call on suspicious activity!

Old 05-19-2012, 04:12 PM
Official Welcome Crew
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So they caught the scum that did it? I hope he gets some time... Maybe you can get some money from a civil case?

Old 05-19-2012, 04:42 PM

Yeah they caught him. Dont know how much time he is going to spend.

Im taking down some numbers of what it would take to get it back up and running.

New license plate, gas cap, new mirrors, paint job (or new Fairings) and going to total it up and take him to small claims court, which can be up to $7,250 here in california..

Old 05-19-2012, 09:21 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

V-e-r-y surprising that you actually got it back! Congrats! Most bike theft victims (myself included), never hear another thing about it. Now, its time for you to do all those mods you always wanted. ;-)

Old 05-19-2012, 11:40 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You're a lucky guy...go VEGAS!!! Lol...

Old 05-20-2012, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
V-e-r-y surprising that you actually got it back! Congrats! Most bike theft victims (myself included), never hear another thing about it. Now, its time for you to do all those mods you always wanted. ;-)
Yeah man! Im very thankful to have it back! Once we get done with court im going to do the mods that i need to do and the ones that i want to do. think im giong to keep the flip switch ignition tho.. Its actually kinda cool haha.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by estate4life
You're a lucky guy...go VEGAS!!! Lol...

I told my girlfriend that we should go to vegas! Lol

Old 05-20-2012, 10:15 PM

Im assuming you didnt have full coverage? Or any coverage? I wonder how that works for theft recoveries after the insurance company pays you for the bike.. I sure hope they dont want their money back! lol

Quick Reply: Stolen 2000 Honda F4....