Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Stimulus Payment Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 05:25 PM
VP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stimulus Payment Schedule

aaand... I get nothing..

Old 03-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Retired Moderator

I owe $3K from last year still. I doubt that I will see any of that money...[:@]

Old 03-22-2008, 07:47 PM

C'mon May 9th!!!! Hurry up..

Old 03-22-2008, 09:10 PM

ORIGINAL: daredevilearth

$600 to 1200 for married with possibility of $300 per child
$300 to 600 for single

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...179181,00.html

Q. I want to estimate my payment. Please explain how it is figured. A. Essentially, there are two parts to the stimulus payment: a basic amount based on tax liability, filing status or other qualifying factors if there is no tax liability and an additional amount based on whether a qualifying child is reported on the return. Basic Amount of Payment: Taxpayers who had a net income tax liability will receive a payment, unless they can be claimed as dependents on someone else’s return, are high-income individuals or do not have a valid Social Security Number. The payment is equal to the taxpayer’s net income tax liability, but no more than $600 for a single person or $1,200 for a married couple filing a joint return. The minimum payment is $300 for a single person or $600 for a married couple filing jointly. People with no net income tax liability will usually get a minimum payment of $300 for a single person or $600 for a married couple filing jointly, as long as they have qualifying income of at least $3,000. To figure your qualifying income, add together the following amounts: [ul][*] Wages that are reported on Form W-2.[/align][*] Net self-employment income.[/align][*] Social Security benefits reported in box 5 of the 2007 Form 1099-SSA, which would have been received in January 2008. People who do not have a Form 1099-SSA may estimate their annual Social Security benefit by taking their monthly benefit and multiplying it by the number of months during the year they received the benefit.[/align][*] Certain Railroad Retirement benefits reported in box 5 of the 2007 Form 1099-RRB, which recipients would have received in January 2008.[/align][*] Veterans’ benefits received in 2007, including veterans’ disability compensation and pension or survivors’ benefits received from the Department of Veterans Affairs. People who weren’t required to file a tax return can estimate their annual veterans’ benefits by taking their monthly benefit and multiplying it by the number of months during the year they received the benefit.[/align][*] Nontaxable combat pay if the taxpayer elects to include it as earned income.[/align] [/ul]Extra Money for Qualifying Child: Eligible taxpayers who qualify for a payment may receive an additional $300 for each qualifying child. To qualify a child must be under age 17.

Q: I normally don't need to file a tax return. How do I know if I'm one of those people who may be eligible to receive an economic stimulus payment?

A: This group includes some recipients of Social Security, Railroad Retirement or veterans' benefits as well as taxpayers who do not make enough money to normally have to file a 2007 tax return. For example, this can include low-income workers, those who receive Social Security benefits or veterans’ disability compensation, pension or survivors’ benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs in 2007. These people will be eligible to receive a payment of $300 ($600 on a joint return) if they had at least $3,000 of qualifying income.

Qualifying income includes Social Security benefits, certain Railroad Retirement benefits, certain veterans’ benefits and earned income, such as income from wages, salaries, tips and self-employment. For people filing joint tax returns, only a total of $3,000 of qualifying income from both spouses is required to be eligible for a payment.
This says it all. If you didnt pay taxes but made more than $3000 you will get back $300. If you paid taxes you will get $600 per person. Kids are $300. It doesnt matter if you got a refund or not. I will have this money go to bills unfortunately.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:56 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

aaand... I get nothing..
+1 On Im on the phaseout level...

Old 03-23-2008, 04:43 AM

This sucks!
"You do not qualify for an economic stimulus payment" "The Economic Stimulus Act of 2008, which authorized the pre-payment of this one-time credit, stipulates that the payment is not to be made to any of the following: Individuals who can be claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return"

Old 03-23-2008, 05:23 AM
Banned

Wooohooooo $1800 baby!!!!!! (assuming their calculator is right) If you had your refund direct deposited, does that mean your stimulus check will be automatically direct deposited as well?

Maybe I'll finally get that manual CCT my bikes been cryin' out for.....

Old 03-23-2008, 08:18 AM

i get nothing, not to mention this whole thing is garbage anyway... imo

Old 03-23-2008, 01:03 PM

I'm going to take my $300 and **** it away on drugs and prostitues then move to Mexico.... F the economy....

j/k lol

Old 03-23-2008, 04:08 PM

I hate being a kid.

Quick Reply: Stimulus Payment Schedule