Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Still?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008 | 02:17 AM
Default RE: Still?

pepperspray clears out to fast man....turn off the a/c pop some tear gas and close the door. come back in one hour and everyone will be face down on the floor saying please bossman turn on the a/c. not that i would ever do anything like that or speaking from expierence man....

Old 10-12-2008 | 02:42 AM

sounds like a good idea to me!

Old 10-12-2008 | 05:27 AM
Banned

I know a guy that won't vote for Obama simply because the only times (twice)someone tried to mug him it was by guys with the same skin color as Obama. When I told him he was predudice he says 'they made me that way', I wasn't born with these feelings. Not sure what that means, but it doesn't sound like he hates Black people, it just sounds like he wants to avoid them because in the past it sometimeswasn't a great experience. Sometimes a person is racist only because their life experiences tell them that it is OK and actually smart to classify people due to the way they look or dressand that even though they know that color is only skin deep they decide not to risk getting mugged again.

Old 10-12-2008 | 07:17 AM

I don't need to repost my feeling on prejudice or haters.

Old 10-12-2008 | 07:53 AM

racism n prejudice are learned traits, no one is 'born' that way.

Old 10-12-2008 | 08:53 AM
Banned

I don't need to repost my feeling on prejudice or haters.
Preconceived notions are a funny thing. We use them everyday without the word prejudice or hater coming into play. We learn things and then move on to the next concept.

Example:

Is it prejudice to not want to go to a Sushi Bar that has tall, blonde germanic looking chefs or avoid Italian restaurants that have asian staff or not going to a burger joint run by Hindus? These are all examples of being a 'hater' or having a prejudice against the way a person looks even though they are capable of rolling rice or boiling pasta or grilling a piece of meat. If I go out for a bowl of Gnocci and it is cooked/served by a russian speaking person. I will say to myself 'I knew better, WTF was I thinking'. I am now prejudice against Russians making Italian food.

While prejudice and stereotypes are ugly words in today's politically correct environment, it is only human nature to have certain preferences or classify people in a certain way. Also it is important to realize that evolution may have a part in how a person functions or their basic innate abilities such as Scandinavians being less able to handle the Sun as a typical Greek, Italian or Spanaird. Maybe Black people excel at certain sports due to some strange hunting techniques that allowed them to survive in Africa or the need to cover distances before cars were invented. Maybe latino's are better at baseball due to a genetic bonus that allow better tracking of small white ball shapedobjects travelling at high speeds. Maybe for every trait a group has that is positive and that helped define their culture they mayhave a negative trait that we may notice and that may be the basis of stereotypes or prejudice. Maybe there have been tribes and cultures that have been wiped off the face of the earth because they couldn't compete, was that a bad thing? Should our species have inferior genetic material in it? Maybe we are pre-programmed as Humans to hate those that are different than us to try and make or DNA and those similar to us become dominant or stay dominant. Since Humans operate mostly by sight (not smell) that is the how we classify things in our world.

So I do understand you feelings on prejudice and haters, I also understand why they may exist and why they may be responsible for certain cultures to have thrived (Romans, Greeks) and others to have been enslaved, made-extinct or been absorbed by conquering cultures.