Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

starting new tattoo saturday. need opinion

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: starting new tattoo saturday. need opinion

I agree with Manowar...when you take a detailed piece of art and try to shrink it down you loose a lot of detail.Get it as a back piece.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:03 PM

I'm with just about everyone else, I think its completely inappropriate as an arm tattoo. Trying to wrap it around the arm and trying to reduce everything like that is just going to ruin the look. I personally would skip the forearm tattoo's entirely, or any other visible areas for that matter. My tattoo is for me and nobody else, if no one ever saw it I would still have it, theres no need to flaunt something like that on the forearm. If the design is really important to you, then it shouldn't make much difference where it goes, I'd enlarge it and put it on the back, and use color instead of the greyscale.
Not that I'm saying that this is you, but I just really hate the people who are all like "you can see mah tatoooz!!" or the types that get ink with positively no meaning...."At first I wasn't sure if I wanted the snake coming out of the eyeball or the mouth of the skull, but then I thought, WHY NOT BOTH! I'm a fricken genius!! TWO SNAKES!!" Those types **** me off. It's obviously cliched but make sure you are in love with the design. As in, its not something you'll come to ignore, but will always be proud of. For example, my tattoo (on my back) is my family's coat of arms and I look at it every day, and it reminds me how grateful I am for family and how there is nothing more important. I say keep it off the forearm to keep the image tastefully done, and the fact that we live in a world where you may end up paying for taking pride in it, unfortunately.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:26 AM

How you getting tats at 17?

Old 06-03-2008, 04:47 AM

ORIGINAL: elmer

my tattoo (on my back)... and I look at it every day
Are you an owl?

Old 06-03-2008, 09:28 AM

i think that tat will fit fine on the inside of your forearm, as long as you're willing to go elbow to wrist and the height would have to be the entire inside of your arm. my only other concern would be having it that visible... but as you said, u already have one on ur forearm, so thats not so much of an issue with you anymore. also, getting religious tattoos where you can see them that visibly means ur a constant example for that religion. make sure ur willing to live the right kind of life. nothings worse than seeing all these people with jesus tatts and hearing them cuss and talk about other things that are inappropriate. it just makes other people think that "if he does it and hes a christian, then it must be ok" or that christians as a whole are hypocrits.

but overall i think its a cool idea.
im planning on being a mechanical engineer so ive refrained from any visible tatts (both mine are on my back) but if i knew i could get a job and it wouldnt be an issue i would get a tatt like this without question.
but like everyone else said, its about what you want. its ur body.
and getting a tatt to glorify yourself to god is wrong, but getting one to glorify god isnt.
so make sure that tatt isnt about u and its really about god.
whether ur getting it so that people can ask u about it, therefore leading to a conversation about christ, or what not.

and about the artist, this is probably the hardest part.
both my tatts have been by solid, experienced tattoo shops here in my town but its obvious the guy who did my second tatt has smoother lines and a better touch than the first.but i know that there are ALOT of tattoo shops now days, especially since miami ink came out and about 75% of the shops around here are garbage. theres really only 3 i would trust and about 6 artist here who i know are really good. alot of time the indication of a good artist can be the price. if a guy is more expensive, but still has alot of people going to him, chances are hes probably good. one of the most ignorant things ive heard is "DUDE LOOK!! 2 for $50!!!" asthis guys i know holds up his hands and has 2tatts on his hands that he had recently got.
people shop for tattoos by price and thats about the worst thing to do. u get what u pay for (unless ur best friends with a good artist) and if your gonna pay alot for anything it should be a tatt.

600 for a 6 hr sleeve... about 100/hr seems like a rate charged by pretty good artist.
the guy who did my second tatt was 130 for a 45min-1 hr tatt, but he was worth it.

i have 2 ideas for tatts that i really want right now, but ive been thinkin about them for about a year and a half and ill probably wait another year or 2 before i get them. it just gives u a chance to stop and think "ok if i had that tatt right now, how would i feel" in many diff. situations around alot of diff. people. thats why i wait so long to actually get it.

im also considering just waiting til i get out of college and going to miami ink and getting them done too. bc i know they can take my ideas and make them look better than i can imagine and it will be one of a kind. especially the idea i have for my cross. anyway, enough rambling

Old 06-03-2008, 11:46 AM

thanks for the advice guys.

i really liked G3NESYS's advice tho.

but while the forum was down i went and got the outline (ouches) the wrist and inside where the arm bends stings a bit. but over all i am happy with the outline and the end result should be a good tattoo. im not finishing till next tuesday tho so the outline can heal..ill get a picture up then.