Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

starting new tattoo saturday. need opinion

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 11:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting new tattoo saturday. need opinion

damn >_> clicked back.. retype

Ok. well i have wanted this done for a few years now and i decided to drop 600 bucks on it now.
what i want to get is the painting the last supper on my arm. i finally found a picture of what i want.

but being 17 i dont know if i want my whole arm covered..i already have one on the other arm thats small..and another one on the arm i want to get this done..and its a little bigger. PIC

As you can probably tell by now im a bit religous.

but the problem is ive seen these turn out pretty terrible.

EG.

i mean thats not bad..but its lacking alot that the first one has..and i dont want to be stuck with something i am un happy with..ive looked all over for a good artist and think i have came accross one today..his protfollio looked great. so im putting full trust in him. anyways..what do you guys think? too young to cover my arm? The way i see it is, if i already have 2 vissable ones why worry about it? i dont know..do you guys like the concept?

going in tomorrow to OK his drawing and mach it up to my arm and then do the outline saturday and finish it a few weeks after that..whole thing would take about 6 or 7 hours he said.

thanks

Jason.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:52 AM
Banned
Default RE: starting new tattoo saturday. need opinion

uggghh.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:12 AM

Get what you want, but only if it is what YOU want. Don't do it for Mom, Dad, your BFF, to impress the chicks, to glory yourself to God, whatever...if any of those reasons are the case, even a just little bit, thencall it off. I will say this--I'm 30 and pretty heavily tattooed, and I still haven't gone below the elbows with my ink. What kind of career are you looking at? Do you feel like wearing long sleeves to work every day of your life for the next 45 years? What happens in 20 years when you say "Man I was young and stupid, I want this taken off" It's much easier to remove a little piece than a whole sleeve. I'm sure you've thought all of this through and your mind is made up, but a little food for thought can't hurt.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:34 AM

My buddy has that some tattoo with a corinthians verse around it. Personally I would come up with your own design. I have 6 and if anyone has mine its a complete miracle cause I have drawn all of mine or a good friend has done it for me.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:44 AM

I think its completely retarded. Ugly as hell.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:55 AM

I can't see the pics. but i'm with Plymouth. if YOU want it do it, it's your body do as you please. i drew my first one up when i was 15, and wasn't allowed to get it till i was just about 18, and i never waivered. i usually sit on a design for a while to decide that i like it. about the elbow down thing, thats completely a personal decision. I would love to do full sleeves, but i also don't want to wear long sleeves the rest of my life because i AM going into a corporate environment.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:58 AM

Now i see them! i think the first one is good, don;t be affraid to use a little color too, i think it will make certain things pop better and make it look good. As far as the artist too, whats his name, how much did you research him. It's all about reviews and photos of his work. I know the guys around me to avoid and the guys that are awesome, then again at the same time the guys who are awesome have a waiting period of almost a year to get on thier schedule, so that blows.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:02 PM

Somebody had it for an avatar...

Old 05-30-2008, 02:00 PM

Getting the last supper is one thing, but trying to squeeze it onto an arm is where I think you are going wrong. I think that particular scene would only look right big.
As for people who say "what will you do in 20 yrs? blah blah"
Who gives a f*ck about 20 years from now lol. Be happy if you are alive and healthy then, why would you give a rats *** about what people think of your old tattoo.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:08 PM

it's your choice, i would say, get it some place else.

Quick Reply: starting new tattoo saturday. need opinion