Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

sportbikes are WORSE?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default sportbikes are WORSE?!

ok, so everyone at my job has a harley/chopper. i catch hell all the time for riding a "Jap bike".

well, we got a delivery today from one of our vendors, and he was talking to me about my "Jap bike". he said he'd like to ride one, but he's ALL harley (has a harley tattoo on his arm!!!). he mentioned that his father is a Peagan, and that most of his family and friends are aswell (this guys is 21). we began talking back and forth about bikes and then he started telling me stories about the Peagans and the **** they get into. he told me about how he went down to Fl. w/ a bunch of them and they stayed in this gigantic house 5 miles back in the woods, it had a moat around it, and holes in the yard w/ centerblocks above them w/ chains coming out. he said it was a house FULL of Peagans.......and that it was a old KKK house, and that bodies were burried in the moat (years and yeeeeeeears ago). this guy told me story after story about some of the stuff he's seen his dad and family members get into being apart of the Peagans.

not to mention Hells Angels.........there was a HUGE raid on a house about 40mins from my house, that a bunch of them were staying at. raid......im talking they had the big'ol armored truck come out, swat.....the whole 9 yards! they confiscated countless weapons and ammo from this place.

at a local blessing of the bikes one time, the Hells Angels and the Peagans were supposed to be there and have a bit of a ...uh.....disagreement. well, that day, SWAT was covering the place, on rooftops, in the middle of the crowd on scissor lifts, in the surronding neighborhood, in the streets, and patroling the crowd.

now, Peagans and Hells Angels are in my area. i just find it f***ing odd that sportbikes have such a horrible rep. w/ people. i mean, harley riders to most people seem innocent....if they were to see them in traffic. yet if they saw a sportbike, they'd be expecting to see a reckless wheelie, lane splitting ect, ect.

how is it that sportbikes have a worse rep. than harley riders?!?!?!

Old 10-05-2007, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sportbikes are WORSE?!

because harleys are made in america?

thats all i gots....

Old 10-05-2007, 03:02 PM

Why is the sky blue? Why does eath revolve around the sun? We don't know it just does and same goes with the reputation. Don't know why or when it started it just did.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:04 PM

I think its just bikers have a bad rep....

Old 10-05-2007, 03:10 PM

Harleys dont do interstate wheelies and pass cars at 170mph. Our bikes are badass and the public knows. I don't know if one of us bikers has a worse name then the other though, i think all bikers have a bed rep.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: fuze

. Our bikes are badass
[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 10-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

Ok I got some feedback on this one. First of all......I grew up with "Pagans" <---- correct spelling. I hung out with them in my late teens and even worked at "thier" bar. I saw a lot of stuff happen, but nothing like what you said. They were a motorcycle Club, not gang, or mob, or any of the bad things I just read. In fact I saw a lot of good in them. They took me and my friends in when we didn't have bikes or care to join them. We were protected, and liked by all of them. Don't believe a lot of what you hear.

Second...... Define "made"
Harleys are assembled in America. Most of the parts are manufactured in Japan aren't they? Hmmmmm.

There are good people and bad people. Period.
Just my 2.

LJ

Old 10-05-2007, 03:44 PM

Part of it has to do with what people wish they could be. Just like how people watch movies like the godfather and wish they were in the mob, people think about how cool it would be to be a badass pagan and crap. I dont think many people wish they could be punk *** kids on streetbikes.

Old 10-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Retired Admin, January 2008 ROTM, Lord of Neon & L.E.D.s

ORIGINAL: Donohu40

Part of it has to do with what people wish they could be. Just like how people watch movies like the godfather and wish they were in the mob, people think about how cool it would be to be a badass pagan and crap. I dont think many people wish they could be punk *** kids on streetbikes.
Exactly. I am 32 years old. I have a wife, 4 kids, a home payment, several cars and a business to run. I refuse to be classified as a punk on a sportbike. Its insane. I get put into a category with kids who don't know how to be responsible. The way of the world I guess. Sorry to jack your thread here.
LJ

Old 10-05-2007, 03:57 PM

bikers do not endanger other motorists..... squids on sportbikes do.

Quick Reply: sportbikes are WORSE?!