Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Speeding ticket question

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speeding ticket question

one night (around 2am) when i was headed to a friends house... i took a short cut street which connects 2 main roads with no traffic light

speed limit im assuming is 30 cuz its not marked and i was maybe goin 35 around the corner because i was follwing my friends which were maybe 500ft ahead of me

well i passed up a cop who was headed the opposite direction on this 2 lane road, got on the main road which this short cut connected too and went a 1/2 mile down the road and was chillin at the red light

then about 30 seconds later a cop rolls up behind me from the other main road(which the short cut street connected too) so i kinda thought it could have been the same cop and he just looped a big circle on the main roads

as the light turn green i pulled into the neighborhood and drove a lil b4 he flashed his lights on

my friend lives about 5 houses down the street so i coasted with my blinker on up to his house got off, set the kick stand and while i was takin off my helmet to talk to the officer he pointed a gun at me, threw me in handcuffs and illegally searched my pockets, threw all my **** on his hood and threw me in the back of the car. He was accusing me of felony evasion cuz i coasted down the street. long story short... he said the DA wasnt goin to press charges (not that any even existed) and he gave me a speeding ticket for 50 in a 30.

now Ive heard that if a police officer looses visual of you that he cant hold any charges against you (ie: speeding) and i was only goin about 35- 40 on the road where i drove by him... assuming it was the same cop. But he obviously completely lost visual of me and i dont think that it was right of him to even pull a gun on me nor throw me in the back of a car on a bogus charge

should i pleed not guilty or just pay up?

it would be easier to just pay up... but it just seems like this speeding ticket was bogus and he was tryin to pick on a sport bike for no reason
even if i was doing 50... couldnt i get out of it cuz he completely lost visual? assuming it was the same cop who passed by me.

aslo the ticket stated that i got pulled over at 5:30pm on the 17th of june, when i really got pulled over at 2am on the 20th

Old 09-14-2006, 01:04 AM
Default RE: Speeding ticket question

What an ***, Get a lawyer and stick it to em. I gotta get a lawyer for my ticket I just got.

Old 09-14-2006, 01:11 AM

well all this isnt in my favor

ive gotten 2 other speeding tickets on top of this one, as well as "failure to keep both wheels on roadway"
so if the judge happens to look at my record its not gonna look too good

but this ticket was pretty bogus... still debating if i should try pleading not guilty. Never done that b4, just wanna see how hard itll be to get out of it

Old 09-14-2006, 01:17 AM

Dude that is total harassment, I would not take that. That is totally bogus. I would file charges on that officer and then make it really blow up in his face. Most cops today have a dash cam on their car is standard issue it turns on when they hit their lights. This would prove you innocent of all charges. The law states that as long as you show that you are meaning to pull over (ie blinker on)and continue to slow and not maintain or pick up speed it cannot be considered evasion. I would totally throw it back in the court, there is no way that anyone should be treated in that kind of manner, it is just unprofessional.

Nick

Old 09-14-2006, 01:30 AM

I think that if the ticket states incorrect information (time and date, for instance, then you should be able to bring that up in court. Searching your pockets isn't illegal if you're being placed in handcuffs...its a safety measure for police. But if you weren't running then surely pulling his pistol on you is highly excessive. I believe I would fight that ticket, esp. if you weren't going nearly 50. What road does the ticket say you were speeding on, the shortcut road or the main road?

Old 09-14-2006, 01:33 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

well already i see that you have grounds for dismisal .. the date and time are wrong .. go in and tell the judge that you didnt get the ticket on that day and the judge should throw it out right then and there. my friend got out of a speeding ticket because the officer spelled his last name wrong. also can that officer prove that you were doing 50 in a 35 ? how did he know? does he have radar on you ? a cop tried that bull**** with me one time saying, "you were doing 80 in a 40 because i had to do 8o (through heavy traffic on a 2 lane side) just to catch up to you" i talked to the DA when i pleaded guilty with explaination. i walk in DA says ok what happened i told my story she said how fast do you think you were going i said maybe 45-50 and she said ok and i got all my charges except for a 10 mph over speeding charge droped. anyways fight that **** man ! you seem to have ground for dismisal and if you do plead not guilty take that **** to trial and i bet the cop doesnt even show up

Old 09-14-2006, 01:38 AM

tickets states that i was speeding on the shortcut road where i passed up the cop

but does anyone know if that whole... loosing visual thing is true? even if i was speeding how could he prove it was me? it was 2am

oh and btw... he pulled his pistol on me twice, cuz when he let me out of the car and i was collecting my **** off the hood, he put my ticket on his hood for me to grab, it blew off his hood (breeze)and onto his drivers side floor board cuz he had his door open. i went to go get it and as i did, he shouted "DONT GET IN MY CAR" and pulled his gun on me again

i guess i can be pretty intimidating at 6'-1" 200lbs?

Old 09-14-2006, 01:45 AM

ORIGINAL: havoc_on_2_wheels

well already i see that you have grounds for dismisal .. the date and time are wrong .. go in and tell the judge that you didnt get the ticket on that day and the judge should throw it out right then and there.
ive heard that doesnt work, because my name was spelled wrong once b4 as well, and i didnt plead not guilty because of it, but asked the DA about it. She said that it didnt matter cuz all of the other information was obviously correct

Old 09-14-2006, 01:48 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

it might be because im in CA and sometimes things are stupid like that but yours is blaitanly wrong! the wrong day the wrong time. if you can prove that you were @ work or something when that ticket was supposedly written that should clear you up right there

Old 09-14-2006, 01:50 AM

actually i can prove that i was at work

i even printed the time clock repot sheet for that whole week... hope i didnt throw it away[:@]

Quick Reply: Speeding ticket question