Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

something to think about

Old 07-24-2007, 01:38 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default something to think about

hey everyone. well my brother rides a 02 gsxr 600 with some extensive mods to make it go fast but it handles like **** !the guy he bought it from had the suspension adjusted for him and my brother never took teh timeafter he bought it to re adjust the suspension.hetried to adjust himself to work with the bike instead of adjusting the bike to work with him.

so after doing some tweaking on his bike it rides night and day different now . also he was running a really low tire pressure. so for safetys sack please check your air pressure !also take the time and read up on suspension mods and how your bike can be so much better. every rider is different in height,weight and preference on how the bike handles.

when i rode his bike i couldnt wait to get off it ! i ride a 00 929 (handles great like riding on rails and wokrs great for me) and let him borrow it and he was ready to convert just because of the handling ability. (i shouldve left his bike alone and made him buy a honda ! lol) but he loves his bike and i wanted him to be able to fully enjoy it.

so basically just think about it next time you are riding . you might think the bike is "perfect" right now but you have no idea how much better it could be. i think its a simple modification that most peoiple over look or are afraid to make adjustments themselves yet it is so worth it . and you dont have to buy anything it just takes so simple hand tools and a little bit of knowledge and a place with some good corners.

sorryfor the long postbut maybe it will make some of you think and go beyond the bolt on parts and go fast goodies and make the bike handle just as nicely.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Default RE: something to think about

i completely agree with you,there is so much more to a bike than putting gas and oil in it.so many guys out there do not even have any idea how to adjust the chain properly,and how important it is...suspension adjustment is one of the most important things a rider needs to do and understand...

Old 07-24-2007, 01:41 PM

so many new riders dont know much about the bikes that they are riding but if its really a passion (like so many people cliam), then you should learn everything you can about the sport and these machines.

Old 07-24-2007, 02:15 PM

Dont let KidCr3nshaw see this post.

Old 07-24-2007, 02:32 PM

educate me... im 230 6'0 dont stunt love corners... what should i notice to make me want to adjust my chain.. and same with suspension.. let me know.. thanks..

04 600RR

Old 07-24-2007, 03:23 PM

ahh i see ....

Search this Thread