Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Something just rolled into town ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 02:19 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Something just rolled into town ...

ORIGINAL: itgbudeev

[sm=happy046.gif]yay! Jules is back!!!

Now the balance of good an evil can be restored! (it will only let me put in one smiley... i wanted to put the "angel v Devil teeter-totter" one here)

Yes, thank you ... I will scutinise all the postings to see if there has been any wrong doings!! ..lol ;-)

Jules

Old 09-04-2008, 02:33 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

Welcome back Jules
As I am a new guy on the block, I do not know you well... yet
hey new guy :-) ..I do remember welcoming you actually, your bike stood out!! :-)

but ..I gotta tell you if yu did not notice ...

Everyone missed YOU
At least now the ... where and when is Jules comin back posts will stop.
Oh no they didnt, theyre all just silver tongued DEVILS!! ..lol ... the reason they kept asking is because they knew they would have to stop being mean to teh othr kittehs on my return!! ;-) ...AND I just bet theyve been staying up all hours of the nights partying!!

Sorry about the weather and yu camera ... bummer

Hope you had a nice time in anycase
I admit I cried over the camera, well that and the 50 or so bruises and bashes I aquired too ..lol ..I never give up though, I shall endeavour to try and fix it, I will strip it down on my table here and see what damage is there, I will even take photos of it stripped down to show you what not to do to cameras ..lol

Thank you, I did have a nice time actually ... and I have some rescued pictures to bore everyone with shortly!! ;-)

Jules

Old 09-04-2008, 02:52 AM

ORIGINAL: redzintimidator
so what camera ya gonna get now eh??? Lets discuss
OMG!! ..you have no idea just how long it takes me to research and finally buy a new gadget ..lol ... part of the pleasure for me is reading all the reviews and frequenting the photograpy forums getting all the quirks and idiosyncrasies of the various cameras, weiging up the pros and cons for my needs, then when I have finally made my decision (usually some years later) ..I am then able to buy my camera as "new old stock" for peanuts ..lol

The loss of my Sony V3 has been like losing a trusted friend, just about every pic you have seen from me came from that beautiful camera ..oh hell heres the tears again :-(

Yes, I am kinda a pernickety kitty ..lol

[/quote]

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

omg youre camera...binned. At least its replaceable, Julbot is not. Good to see you, luv. When you return to Pembroke, take some pics of the crime scene...I bet there are bloody bits of Sony laying about. Glad you werent injured beyond repair. Ill call down with the vino momentarily lol.

Well, almost binned ..I am just about to go in with some tiny weeny screwdrivers ..I am sure the operation will be a complete failure but hell theres nothing to lose now, and I am replaceable it seems, grr!! ..one too many welcome kittehs here by far, .... *plots and schemes their eventual and total downfall* ... I did at least manage to get pics of the crime scene before it tried to "off" me ..lol .. as for injured beyond repair they just upgraded me to Julbot 9000 ... I hope I can still enjoy a glass of vino in this carnation ..mmk! :-)

Jules

PS did you see that flamin welcome hound?? .. ewww!! ..who wants to be welcomed by some mangy mutt!! hiiissss!! phsss!!! ..lolz

Old 09-04-2008, 03:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cannon rebel..Dont research. just buy!..I LOVE it.

And I cried when my cell phone broke. i was 800 miles away from home..and WAY to drunk..i threw my $400 phone out of the 4th story window..

Old 09-04-2008, 06:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did fix one camera that my friends gave me. I tried fixing another (replacing the flash component) but I accidentally ripped one of the ribbon cables (d'oh!). They have service repair manuals for camera's too.

I agree the new Canon Rebel is nice Intro/Intermediate DSLR. When I bought mine, it actually had more features than the 40D (but with a plastic body instead of metal) that was out at the time and cost a lot less. You do have an issue of not getting full frame shots with certain lenses. Unless you need another point and shoot.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:35 AM

^^^

Nick, I loved my V3 and I mean LOVED it ... it was "the one" for me, I knew that camera inside out and always used it on full manual mode, the F8 issue with them was never an issue with me as I would just use aperture priority instead ... as you know I wanted a DSLR too but for me a fast and always accessible, high end zoom compact has to come first ..so now I need to do many more years research to find another "the one" ..sigh ..lol

Jules

Old 09-04-2008, 07:39 AM

Why not just pick one up off ebay.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:42 AM

ORIGINAL: woo545

Why not just pick one up off ebay.

I am seriously thinking about it Nick, even if it was tatty I could put my "as new" case on it ..I have managed to remove the outer covers now I am on the hunt for salt crystals ..lol

Jules

Old 09-04-2008, 07:45 AM

Sounds like an ocean dump. Good luck. Try using nail polish remover or alcohol to clean up the residue. Be careful of all the little ribbon cables and connections...they are fragile...oh and track to the screw sizes (not that I need to really tell you that), I always loose them, put them in the wrong spots.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:44 AM

ORIGINAL: woo545

Sounds like an ocean dump.

You have a PM Mr. Woo!! ;-)

Jules