Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

something i dont understand

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: something i dont understand

im glad to see that others agree with me. it's just really hard to accept when i think about people treating their motorcycles like it was just something that you could buy then toss in the closet when you got tired of it only a few days later. i love my bike ! i love the feeling of the open road, the raw power its just awsome. how anyone could get tired of it is beyond me

Old 02-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Banned

When I'm on my bike, I feel as if I'm completely part of it. Every twitch of my body gives me some sort of response. After you take inventory of all those twitches, riding becomes an art form to me.

I know it sounds corny, but I seriously feel as if I'm one with the bike when I'm on it. And when I'm not on it, a little part of me yearns inside for the vibration in the hands, warmth coming from between your legs and the howl of a Yoshimura exhaust in second gear at around 7K RPM's when I hammer it...

Faggedaboudit. They can have their phases, just makes more of a selection of used, low miles bikes to choose from.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:57 PM

Who knows why people do what they do? Maybe riding for some is just somthing they felt the need to try to scratch off their life's todo list, then sadly, (for them) decide its not for them. I belive to, that if a person doesn't enjoy rididing alone they wont be in the sport for long. I am fortunate to have 2 groups of guys to ride with and while that's the best, there are times I like nothing more than to get on my bike, head out of the city as far from anyone as I can get and just ride. That's as close to freedom as it gets.......for me anyway.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:36 PM
Banned

I used to be into cars too but after getting the bike I've just kinda lost interest in cars, and just like you, can't imagine NOT having a bike!
+1... I have had and still have some nice cars, but a bike makes you redefine what is fun. Now when I see a 911 turbo (driven a few)or old muscle cars all I can say is that my bike is 10x more fun. It may not impress people like a $100K car, but a bike is the most fun you can have on the road.

Old 02-26-2007, 02:00 AM

I don't think I'll ever loose interest in cars. There is just something about having control of something mechanical and being able to make it fast or push it a little harder. I just flat out love riding/driving bikes and cars and the sound of the engine. I think its pretty much anything with pistons and a manual trans for me.

Old 02-26-2007, 03:01 AM

Yeah, I ride for me, I've wanted a sportbike since i was 14. And I'm what you'd call a church person, but not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm just on the church staff as the saturday night worship leader, so me riding a bike makes me look more agressive and it is kind of frowned upon by some of the elderly members. I ride because I personaly think its kewl and a heck of alot of fun, who cares what anyone else thinks. I've actualy been laughed at so its def not cool around here =P. People roll there eyes at me when i tell them about this and that on my bike. I definetly ride for me, and I'm planning on keeping a bike till I'm too old to ride them.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:38 PM

hey i have to agree too, if its in the blood. i wasa pillion for years until i couldnt bear it any more i just needed to be in control and now i've done it, there's definately no looking back for me. i couldnt be without her now, theres so much enjoyment to have there's no way it can be a phase. god so much riding to do and so little time to do it lol xx

Old 02-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't you ever noticed that people will talk on about everything, but as soon as you start talking bikes they all suddenly look bored! "Valentino Rossi"? "Who does he play for"? I've found that people fall into 5 camps about bikes. 1/ Never want to for whatever reason. 2/ Got one, but scared themselves $***less & walked away never to return. 3/Look at my bike its cost $$$$$$"s, therefore I'm cool (or worse, its not just a bike, its a lifestyle, yeah right). 4/ People returning to bikes after a long time, but find they don't get off on riding anymore. 5/ Those like us that love them & get wot riding is all about . (my wife often says, "If there was a fire, who would you save 1st, bet its the bike, the dog & then, me". I always reply, thats she is wrong, after all the bikes insured). Ive noticed that a lot bikes shops have 2nd hand bikes with only a few thousand clicks on em, good for those of us wanting a new bike & are able to save a few bucks.

Old 02-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: pacemaker
(my wife often says, "If there was a fire, who would you save 1st, bet its the bike, the dog & then, me". I always reply, thats she is wrong, after all the bikes insured).
thats great !

Old 02-26-2007, 07:47 PM

I love my bike, car (2005 G35 coupe) and truck ('75 Chevy 3/4 ton 454, 4x4). I love the smell of unburned fuel puking out of a hot rod (I built a big block chevy and stuffed it into a '66 GTO years ago). Things with motors are nifty...must have them...need more of them...will always have a bike...

Quick Reply: something i dont understand