Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So who loves the dentist as much as i do

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 09:57 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So who loves the dentist as much as i do

Yea thats what i thought, nobody lol. Just have a horrid day in store tomorrow, and so not excited i thought i would post about it. I have had bad teeth for some years now, but finally then end is here tomorrow. I have gotten several cavities filled and a couple caps over the last month, but now tomorrow is hell day. Having 2 wisdom teeth out (last 2) a root canal, and 6 extractions. Then when all that fun is over with i am having my *fake* teeth put in, 11 of them. I dont know the whole process, but i know they are placed in, then they mount them with titanium screws right into the jawbone. I actually am kind of excited to have good teeth again, and maybe i will even start feeling better. But at the same time I DONT WANT TO GO.

Anyone else ever had this done? Should i be scared lol?

Old 10-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Default RE: So who loves the dentist as much as i do

Had all 4 wisdoms done at once, that was a b*tch just cuz i was so vulnerable and couldnt do anything, not much pain cept for biting stuff, but DAMN, theyre takin care of a LOT at one time, lol. What's the deal with your teeth? genetic? anomaly? low care? Root canal wasn't so bad, Mine only hurt when he was jaming that 2 inch post into my tooth (broke a tooth in half horizontaly playin soccer)

Old 10-14-2008, 10:22 PM

actually i like my dentist hah. i was there today and 2 weeks ago, he's a funny guy let me tell ya. but i was only having fillings done. gotta get 2 wisdoms removed at some point this winter though :/

Old 10-14-2008, 10:28 PM

i'm about to go down that road myself tk. i've had bad teeth for awhile now (because of addiction in my case,lsd,cocaine). been clean for years now but have been putting off the *big fix* cause i hate the dentist. they're expensive and painfull. but it's definitely time now. all i gotta say is i'm happy for you. no matter how much it hurts you'll probly feel like a new man after it's all over. and more confidence as well. good luck tomorrow! oh yeah and say no to drugs kiddies!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:34 PM

I actually really enjoy getting me teeth clean. It does kind of suck if you have a cavity, but other then that your teeth feel awesome after it's done. I got put under when I got my wisdom teeth out and don't remember any of it. I actually got home and took a couple pills, then jumped on my dirtbike and did some riding. I never really had any pain or swelling.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:37 PM

i got 5 fillings comming up tommorrow... so ill be right there at the dentist with ya TK (though not anywhere the same amount of work or pain)

Old 10-14-2008, 10:38 PM

HATE THE DENTIST. Ive had wisdoms pulled. it sucks having stitches in your mouth is all I can say.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

RIP TK!!! j/k

I hate dentist; I had been postponing my appointment to remove a wisdom again and again.. The last time I called and postponed saying that I had a meeting to attend the next day and I'm afraid I can't talk... lame.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I had my wisdom teeth out, the dentist asked if I wanted to be numbed or asleep, so naturally I asked to be numbed. The needled actually popped entering my palate. There was much crunching as they removed the teeth. Overall it was pretty funny. A lot of pressure but no pain, that and spitting out mouthfuls of blood waiting for my ride to come get me. And though I don't remember it, my best friend picked me up and said that I requested to visit a grocery store. Apparently I shambled through the store like a zombie moaning for popsicles.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

my mom actually just had those fake teeth put in and it hurt her for a few days but the outcome is amazing...

and never liked the dentist but always loved my dr.. well should i say the nurses at my dr's office

Quick Reply: So who loves the dentist as much as i do