Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So what is good condition? More ebay problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 01:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So what is good condition? More ebay problems

Due to a leaking fuel issue (this one is for real guys) my bike had a few problems. My carbs were pretty much corroded from some gas that I didnt get out of them two years ago, they were cleaned but not totally torn apart. Then about two months ago my electronic fuel shutoff took a dump with me not knowing it, dumping a whole bunch of gas into my oil, casuing some really nasty but easily fixable problems. My needles took the brunt of the pain from my problems with two of the four being more or less shot. Well in my quest to find parts, I found a:

"This is a set of 87 Honda CBR 600 F1 Hurricane Carbs and Airbox in good condition." <-- actual ebay item description

I figured since my carbs werent in the greatest shape, and I wanted to replace all four needles (new ones were $25 a piece), this would be a perfect buy at only $80. I figured that I had done my homework with the seller, 287 all positive feedback, no neurtal comments or anything. Seems legit right? So christmas came early last week, and on a perfect day where they were calling for 40+ mph winds and 2-3 inches of rain for the next three days. Dropped my bike off to my cousin who runs his own motercycle shop with carbs and all. I was pretty elated knowing she was going to be running well again. Well come to find out (I never opened the box) that the carbs were in horrendous shape. Everything was pretty much glued together, and in not good condition. It was to the point where two nights in heavy duty carb cleaning solution wouldnt make them run properly. So I did what I thought best, I stole two of the needles from the set he sent me, had my old carbs totally cleaned, scrubbed, and looking spiffy, rejetted, resynched, and put back together. She was purring like a kitten tonight in the garage.

So what would everyone do? Would you request your money back, and send him his carbs minus the two good needles and my two bad ones? I am for sure going to leave some negative feedback, it took him 5 days to get me shipping costs. I payed with PayPal so I am thinking I can get my money back from lookinag at ebay and the other post in this forum.

Curiously,

Telgren (rooster)

Old 09-26-2006, 04:15 AM
Default RE: So what is good condition? More ebay problems

No don't just leave negitive feedback. He may not have known the condition. Someone else may have packed them up for him. Here is a link for ebay contact info. You can enter his ID, your ID and the auction number and get his contact info. Give him a call and explain what condition they were in. See what he will do. If you guys can work something out. If you ask him for a refund. You will have to send the carbs back then once he gets them he should refund your money. If he does not want to and he says no and does not want to work anything out. Then file a dispute with ebay and paypal. Palpal will refund your money if they were not in the condition as he stated. But contact him before you file any disputes or leave negitive feedback. He may refund your money and tell you to keep everything. Then it could work out where no negitive feedback is left because you guys worked everything out.

http://cgi1.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...st#ContactInfo

Remeber never leave negitive feedback untill they has left you feedback first. Because if you leave bad feedback for someone (SOMETIMES) they are a *** and leave you bad feedback for no reason. Just to get back at you.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Retired Moderator

Yeah, I would try "honey" first. See if you can get what you want before sticking it to him. If he has a good history, he will want to make it right. I had a negative situation that went great after I contacted the seller. He made sure that evrything was resolved. Good luck!

Old 09-26-2006, 01:55 PM

Dude! stay away from ebay it looks like you don't have good luck with it. I never had a problem with ebay but If I have a question or just not sure about it I email the seller and if I don't get a response in a timely maner that right there tells me something.. 1. seller got's too much going on that he doesn't really know or something is wrong with the item and seller is not sure. either way I just don't bit on it. NEXT!!!!