Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So what else do you do besides riding your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 05:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default So what else do you do besides riding your bike?

Any other things you do that take up a lot of time (also besides work)?

I lift weights three times a week and practice Krav Maga twice a week. I also enjoy making music and playing the piano (although that has been much less compared to a few years ago).
Quite a bit of time is spend behind the computer either watching The Office US episodes, researching topics I enjoy and editing things I film/take pictures of. I also spend a lot of time up at night because I have horrible chornic insomnia.

I don't really go out to clubs and stuff so besides above mentioned I'm usually at home playing with my kittens. I unfortunately no longer have a gf so no more quality time together (catching a movie, going out for dinner etc.)..

So, what do you do besides riding?

Last edited by UnderAssumedName; 04-05-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:37 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

Well, I still ride a bike a lot of the time but not one with a gas motor. I do a lot of endurance style bicycle riding. I pedal to work to train. Right now I'm training for a 1200km ride in France in August. 84 hour time limit but I'm hoping to break my previous PR and finish in under 60 hours. Will have to average a little over 300 miles per 24 hour period and no personal crew support.

Tha, plus I enjoy Geocaching with my wife occasionally.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
Well, I still ride a bike a lot of the time but not one with a gas motor. I do a lot of endurance style bicycle riding. I pedal to work to train. Right now I'm training for a 1200km ride in France in August. 84 hour time limit but I'm hoping to break my previous PR and finish in under 60 hours. Will have to average a little over 300 miles per 24 hour period and no personal crew support.

Tha, plus I enjoy Geocaching with my wife occasionally.
Holy ****, you must have some strong legs on you.

I'm also going to be riding in France this summer (on a motorcycle that is ).

Anyone else?

Old 04-05-2011, 07:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Summer/Nice Weather: Archery, fishing, camping, anything to be outdoors basically.
Winter/Bad Weather: Video games, movies, reading and hunting.
Then as you mentioned I hit the gym weekly not out of pleasure but just to take care of myself and be healthy enough to enjoy the fore mentioned activities.
Then of course anything to be on or around motorcycles

Old 04-05-2011, 08:50 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

hang out with my wife and daughter... and lift weights every day

and i used to work on cars alot but since im carless not currently...

also I watch alot of movies haha...

Old 04-05-2011, 08:51 AM

A lot of the same lifting 4 times a week, weekly runs, then lots of hunting and fishing and video games when I dont feel like doing any of that. Hanging out with my wife and three dogs also happenes alot

Old 04-05-2011, 09:20 AM

I'm on a water ski show team and it isn't just in the summer. We train mostly year round. On the water around this time of year, and in a gym when we are wussies when it gets too cold.
I've been doing it for about 12 years and really can't imagine my life without my team. I'm mainly a barefooter, but I'll get thrown into different acts when I'm needed.

This is me at a "on the waterfront festival" last Labor Day weekend (this video was done by a random bystander). I'm the guy in green jumping off the bridge. It was my first real time back in the show because I was on the DL for 4 years because of head injuries. The red/white boat in the background at (0:07 seconds) with 2 motors was my old ride before I started skiing again.

YouTube - Rockford Ski Bronc Member Jumps Off Bridge While Being Pulled Behind Boat

And before you think my butt is filled with water, I have a special suit that I wear. haha

Old 04-05-2011, 09:38 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by Footnfool
And before you think my butt is filled with water, I have a special suit that I wear. haha
good bc according to 1000 ways to die that crap can kill you lol

Old 04-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I shoot highpower on the weekends, I run bike or swim everyday, I love playing guitar. I hardly play anymore but that's why I love it now. I skateboard when I feel like it. I think a lot, but not the kind that makes me smart. Just.. thoughts. Philosophy. I swear if I wasn't so absent minded I'd be a genius.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:16 AM

Shooting, Hiking, Camping, General outdoorsy stuff, Computers(personal and work), Technology, cooking, World travel, and a significant other that takes as much time as everything else put together.

Quick Reply: So what else do you do besides riding your bike?