Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So some bizzare stuff happened at work...Kind of famous now!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So some bizzare stuff happened at work...Kind of famous now!

So, there may be a handful of members here from Miami, so I will give details! Anyway, for those that don't live in Miami, downtown Miami is a turdhole. Bums everywhere, even next to million dollar condos. My building has a SCIF, is like 6 stories, able to withstand Cat 5 hurricane winds, etc. So it isn't just an office. Unfortunately, that is my secondary office for me. My servers reside there and I have an office more to the west in Miami. So I don't get cool below ground employee parking. I park outside in a parking lot which has a camera and a gate. The building for the Miami folks is off of I-395 near Club Space...the big yellow building with sat dishes on top.

anyway, I am about to get into a teleconference that usually lasts for an hour or so. I figured I would go outside and have a smoke first. Well, I get outside and there are 4 of the guards from the building in the parking lot running around and 1 near me. I then hear on the radio to the closest guard, "Keep the gate shut keep the gate shut!" Background: The parking lot has an iron gate. It keeps trash out and us in. When you go to pull in, a guard opens the gate. When you go to leave, the pavement has something to detect weight and automatically opens the gate.

Well, I see the guard closest to me run to the gate and hold it shut. He is an older guy and wasn't doing to good of a job. So I ran over an helped. This guy came towards the gate in a car! HE JUST STOLE A CAR OUT OF THE PARKING LOT! So naturally, the gate is trying to open and me and this guard are holding it shut. I told him "Look out, this guy is going to ram the gate." He said, "OK". So another guard comes up and rips the license plate off of the car as the guy is staring at us figuring out what to do. So he "nudges" the gate. I told the guard, "That was just to scare us to see if we will let go". I said, "Be ready". Sure enough, the guy backed up and then tossed it in drive. Ripped the gate apart right as I yelled "LET GO!"

The assclown leaves on two flat tires. I finish my smoke and the security director asks if I can stick around to leave my info for the cops. I said sure, called my boss and said I may not make the teleconference! So the cop gets there and she is HOT! She took all of my information and asked why I did that. I told her that I couldn't just sit there and watch this older gentleman try to hold the gate himself. I couldn't just sit there and smoke and stick my thumb in my butt while he could have gotten ran over. She agreed and called me crazy!

So now people are filtering from all of the offices as news spreads. The security tape is being viewed with me on there and people are like, "That's him! He held the gate...Man, that was hardcore!" So I just said, "Eh..." I didn't know what to say. I have been having a bad week so this helped get some of the stress out. if the guys window was down, he would have been on the pavement for sure. But, unfortunately, the way he left, no way I could have kicked in his window AND pulled him out. Oh well, next time!

But yeah...I am soooooo ready to leave Miami. This place is getting nuts. I will post an update if the cops tell me they find the guy...Or if he is dumb enough to walk by tomorrow and I accidentally pull out his throat. Oh, and while the cop was hot, she was clueless. She said, "I never responded to something like this before..." I said, "ummm...How about grand theft auto, attempted vehicular homicide, etc..." She was like, "Yeahhhhhh....ok!"

So yeah, that's my day at work today! If I can get the video, it is going on YouTube!!!

Kris

Old 01-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Default RE: So some bizzare stuff happened at work...Kind of famous now!

gnarly.. was your g19 in your car? i would have put him in **** pants mode..

Old 01-09-2008, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

gnarly.. was your g19 in your car? i would have put him in **** pants mode..
Unfortunately, I can't bring it to work. Usually the 36 would be in the car, but I had the bike today. I told the guards though to be on the lookout for my new tank bag as I won't be carrying Skittles in it!

Old 01-09-2008, 03:49 PM

ps as someone who has only been to maimi 1 time.. i thought it was disgusting..i was in my hotel and the news came on... sure enough it was a helicopters view of the highway, and there were 60+ cubans running down the highway trying to jump in cars, and all kinds of crazy shinanigans...

never again..

Old 01-09-2008, 04:21 PM

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

ps as someone who has only been to maimi 1 time.. i thought it was disgusting..i was in my hotel and the news came on... sure enough it was a helicopters view of the highway, and there were 60+ cubans running down the highway trying to jump in cars, and all kinds of crazy shinanigans...

never again..
Yeah, not the best place...But nice honeys...That's about it....

Old 01-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dunno kr, every time I'm down there any negative thoughts about Miami are quickly suppressed and forgotten when some hot thing walks me on South Beach. The captain wins every time. Good for you for not playing spectator ... although with the amount of those down there that have such little value for life I'm not sure if I would've done the same unless it was life threatening.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:01 PM

that is pimp man hopefully you can get that vid and post it up! was it on the news?
great story
JonBrown

Old 01-09-2008, 05:07 PM

UNfortunately not on the news. Just on the local security cameras from the security agency.

And while my life wasn't in immediate danger, I kind of felt that the guard's life might have been. He seemed determined to keep the gate closed albeit not doing a good job. He is also older, retired military, so I would have assumed that he would have fought as much as he could....However, I coaxed him into letting go when I knew the ol ramming was going to happen. So I guess in a sense, maybe someone got saved. Maybe it was just a bad time for me to have a smoke...or good time, depending how you look at it.

I will go in tomorrow and see what I can dig up about the video!

Kris

Old 01-09-2008, 05:09 PM

So the cop gets there and she is HOT!

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

tittywop or you = liar

Old 01-09-2008, 07:43 PM

LOL...I spit some game and did the jokey jokey thing...Then my wife called me :|

Quick Reply: So some bizzare stuff happened at work...Kind of famous now!