Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

so my friends went down today

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 12:13 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so my friends went down today

ok i just got off the phone with one of my buddies after hearing that hecrashed today. 1st question is "are you alright" 2nd "how is the bike?" and finally "what the **** happened". now he is a newer rider on a gsxr 600 and the other friend is a more experienced rider on a r6. both i have ridden with before and both can handle themselves usually. so anyways they were heading out to the local stunt spot and guy on the r6 took a turn and my friend on the gsxr was behind him and the r6 had to brake and the gsxr clipped him sending them both down. no broken bones, and both bikes able to ride away.

the guy on the gsxr "bumble bee" last time we went out riding i told him and our entire group told him "dude you follow wayyy to close you are going to hurt someone if your lucky just yourself" seriously he was less then 1/2 foot between his front tire and our other friends back tire and i mean directly behind not staggered.

so it is no suprise that he caused the crash the way he did. regardless of why the r6 got on his brakes "bumble bee" should've given enough time and distance.

the other part that annoyed me was that neither of them had gear on just helmets. and here they are heading to stunt and they crash before hand in no gear. i am just happy both are ok and both were able to ride away.

everyone please becareful it isn't always the "cagers" fault why we crash. if we dont pay attention to our surroundings we only have our selves to blame.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:26 AM
Default RE: so my friends went down today

Sucks to hear that. I hope "Bumble Bee" learned a valuable lesson.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

somehow i dont think so , id like to keep my optimism but its hard to keep faith in humanity nowadays. oh and btw i call him bumble bee cause he rides a black and yellow gsxr with a 1/2 cut yoshi tri oval that is hella loud.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:59 AM

Wow!!! this is F ing distrubing! ... I know people go down, its part of our life style. but da*n!!! .... Glad to hear everyone is ok and hope we dontsee anymore accidents.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:03 AM

Boy....no kidding. I think I'm going to ride like a grandma for about the next 6 months till this curse is lifted [&:]

RED

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

Wow!!! this is F ing distrubing! ... I know people go down, its part of our life style. but da*n!!! .... Glad to hear everyone is ok and hope we done see anymore accidents.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:42 AM

ORIGINAL: Red600RR

Boy....no kidding. I think I'm going to ride like a grandma for about the next 6 months till this curse is lifted [&:]

RED

ORIGINAL: crashkhanman

Wow!!! this is F ing distrubing! ... I know people go down, its part of our life style. but da*n!!! .... Glad to hear everyone is ok and hope we done see anymore accidents.
I already ride like a grandma 95% of the time.

Glad your friends are ok. Sorry that the one may not learn from it.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:50 AM

Glad to hear everyone is ok. I know how you feel. I ride with a few diffrent groups around here. I myself like to be in the back of the groups so I can control the gap between me and the rider ahead and not have to worry about a friend behind me. I got one friend who likes to ride right along side of me when it is me and him riding and I have gotten used to it but I still don't like that cause if something came out in front of us there is nowhere to swerve if needed. Well all we can hope is this was a good lesson for him about riding on someones swingarm.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:04 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

he rides a black and yellow gsxr with a 1/2 cut yoshi tri oval that is hella loud.
A fairly new rider on a GSX-R with a cut pipe that makes it excessively loud??? Why does this description sound FAR too familiar?

Anyway, one of my former roommates used to follow FAR too close to my tail when riding, and it used to aggravate me to the point where I would aggressively hand signal for him to back off my tail.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:22 AM

I guess I am lucky the guys and ladies I ride with Chicago riders all are good about spacing. Now I am not saying we do not have the F up now and then but we ride every Wed night and it does not happen to often thank god.

And always in the north the cold roads and cold tiers do not mix well.

Old 03-26-2008, 02:22 AM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

I already ride like a grandma 95% of the time.

Excellent, me too...except I prefer the term 'calculated power management'. I've long since outgrown the need to impress anyone (other than myself) and what really makes me happy is full gear and not crashing...oh yeah, and if stunting were to become a felony.

Quick Reply: so my friends went down today