Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So I got rear ended on my bike today

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: So I got rear ended on my bike today

Damn VP you've had some odd luck lately!![:-] That's what, 3 incidents in....4 weeks?? sheesh!! Definitely glad to hear you were not hurt! Could have been very ugly. Having been rear ended myself on my bike, I know firsthand how much it sucks. You're very lucky though, with no damage to you OR the Repsol... that's a great thing!

Old 02-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

ORIGINAL: champ24

She would have, without a doubt, bought mea new tire.

+1 on "Your a good man Charlie Brown."
I'm a firm believer in karma... I feel like she deserved a good shouting to (which she got) but since my tire was already on the way out it really wasn't fair for her to pay for it. Makin the world a better place ya know?
First of all, glad you weren't hurt =)

You sure you're making the world a better place? You just let somebody go who was uninsured and shouldn't have been driving in the first place. Isn't it illegal to drive without insurance??? She wasn't paying attention to you. Who knows who else she might not pay attention to in the future. Driving around a 2 ton vehicle is dangerous and obviously she doesn't respect it enough to drive around so recklessly like that.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:45 AM

First of all glad you came out ok...+1 on the above post. The woman doesn't deserve to be operating a vehicle on the roadway with anyone considering she's uninsured. You calling the po-po and you coulda had good grounds for sueing. Just think you could have 2 repsols in the garage

Old 02-25-2008, 06:31 AM
VP

ORIGINAL: camaro_forums

First of all glad you came out ok...+1 on the above post. The woman doesn't deserve to be operating a vehicle on the roadway with anyone considering she's uninsured. You calling the po-po and you coulda had good grounds for sueing. Just think you could have 2 repsols in the garage
On some level there is some truth to this... I could have called the police, had them come out and write her a ticket for hitting me and a ticket for not having insurance. But think about it guys... somebody who will drive without insurance will drive without insurance reguardless of what some cop tells her is right or wrong. Worst case scenario the cop writes her a ticket and gives her a scolding. Plus I HATE COPS. They'd probably give me a ticket for my blinkers being integrated into the tail or not having a plate yet even though it's the first 30 days.

I really feel like it's more important to let stuff go. Let other people sort out their business. I am not going to change that persons life for the better if I get a whole bunch of know-nothing cops involved. I have a well set line on what I will tolerate in this life, and she did not cross it.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:31 AM

ORIGINAL: camaro_forums

On some level there is some truth to this... I could have called the police, had them come out and write her a ticket for hitting me and a ticket for not having insurance. But think about it guys... somebody who will drive without insurance will drive without insurance reguardless of what some cop tells her is right or wrong. Worst case scenario the cop writes her a ticket and gives her a scolding. Plus I HATE COPS. They'd probably give me a ticket for my blinkers being integrated into the tail or not having a plate yet even though it's the first 30 days.

I really feel like it's more important to let stuff go. Let other people sort out their business. I am not going to change that persons life for the better if I get a whole bunch of know-nothing cops involved. I have a well set line on what I will tolerate in this life, and she did not cross it.
VP, I almost thought the same thing christmas eve night when a drunk driver almost killed herself and other people on the road. And even though I have a bad outlook at cops too, I knew something in me said to call them. It would have been morally wrong to let her potentially kill herself, leave children behind, etc... What you did was what you morally thought was the right thing. I think ya used good judgement.

Old 02-25-2008, 08:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Asmittie84

Can't blame her. Hard to spot an Orange Bike.

Odds are she was distracted by the 10DVDs of Nemo going off at once. But really Typical Atlanta driver. Which now that I think about it is probably why we have soo many Busa's with bling. Hard to miss something the size of a bus that sparkles like a disco ball.
Hahahaha, BusaBlinger's!

Good to hear your ok though bro. I think you made the right decision letting her go and paying for your own tire. Just made everything go a lot smoother. [:-]

Old 02-25-2008, 09:06 AM

Glad you and the bike are fine-it could have been very bad. That's a tuff bike to take a hit like that and have no damage. I would have at least dinged her for a new tire since she did hit you. You saved her a ticket-she owed you.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:42 AM

ORIGINAL: FFCBRf4i

ORIGINAL: champ24

She would have, without a doubt, bought mea new tire.

+1 on "Your a good man Charlie Brown."
I'm a firm believer in karma... I feel like she deserved a good shouting to (which she got) but since my tire was already on the way out it really wasn't fair for her to pay for it. Makin the world a better place ya know?
First of all, glad you weren't hurt =)

You sure you're making the world a better place? You just let somebody go who was uninsured and shouldn't have been driving in the first place. Isn't it illegal to drive without insurance??? She wasn't paying attention to you. Who knows who else she might not pay attention to in the future. Driving around a 2 ton vehicle is dangerous and obviously she doesn't respect it enough to drive around so recklessly like that.
I agree with this. There's no way I would have let that lady get off without calling the police. Even if there wasn't anything wrong with the bike, something might come up as a result of the impact that you might not notice right now. That lady deserves a big fat fine or whatever would have happened to her for not carrying insurance on her vehicle. Always, ALWAYS call the police in an accident, even a fender bender. Get a copy of the report so that you have it in case something comes up. You never know, and people like that lady shouldn't be allowed on the road endangering the rest of us. Rant over.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:58 AM

VP>> ONCE YOU BECOME A REPSOL MAN... YOU ARE INDESTRUCTIBLE!!!

LIKE A SUPERHERO... NOW GO AND KICK SOMEBODY'S A$$. LOL.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:14 AM

geez man... glad to hear everyone made it out alive ( you and the rr, not her) Thats some good karma on your part. But ne ways i got side swiped by a big *** truck in my 240 one day, and the guy convinced me not to call the cops, that he would just pay for it... well after months of trying to get the money from him, he changed his cell phone number so i couldnt call, so i decided to sue him for the money only to find out he had moved as well, so now im just s.o.l. and have to pay to fix the car myself..... so its not always a bad idea to call thecops.... as much as we dislike them.... i just hope ur karma works out for ya, and u can lose the bad luck!!

Quick Reply: So I got rear ended on my bike today