Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

So I was driving around in the new Prius today and I've gotta say...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I was driving around in the new Prius today and I've gotta say...

Okay it's a cool car and all but I just want to know what the hell was Toyota thinking?

Name:  0801081114.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  35.8 KB

So they put a tiny 4x2 triangle window in front of the mirror.. you seriously can't see anything through them. Here's what it looks l i k e on the driver's side..
Name:  0801081114a.jpg
Size:  42.0 KB

***EDIT*** My friend took a look at this photo and you can actually see the two yellow lines through the window, it takes concentration to see them but they are there. I guess Toyota had something in mind afterall.****

Wow, impressive view eh? I figured they might have some aesthetic quality that makes them look alright on the outside so I got out and the verdict is....
Name:  0801081143.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  54.7 KB

Nope... what the hell Toyota.. but then through further investigation I discovered something that brought it all into perspective.
Name:  0801081144a.jpg
Size:  33.2 KB

Would you look at that! Completely useless windows in the back too! Wow so I guess they thought adding useless ones to the front of the car too would tie the whole look together. Check it out!
Name:  0801081145.jpg
Size:  36.1 KB

Now THAT'S sexy... eh I wouldn't be so hard on the USELESS windows if the car itself wasn't ugly as sin. At least it has a nice interior that makes up for it. Oh and just a warning to anyone that might want to buy one of these cars.. Yeah it has a cool backup cam.
Name:  0801081149a.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  51.3 KB

But the damn car decides to beep 3 times a second if you're in reverse, NO MATTER WHAT. It drives me crazy.. Oh and I've come to a realization as to why Prius drivers are completely oblivious to what is going on around them when they drive. Please everyone that sees this keep in mind that you need to AVOID THESE CARS. If cell phones aren't enough to distract drivers the Prius has this fuel consumption screen that shows whether you are running on gasoline, electric, both, or just charging the electric as you coast. It also has a lot of charts on the MPG that the vehicle gets. This is my mom's car and she watches this thing constantly when she drives. My dad finds it neat too. I turn the display off whenever I'm driving and I l i k e to turn the speedometer off to cause it depresses me. :P Although the car does go 100+ on the highway and I went about 80 miles to Nashville and back and managed to get just a hair under 50 mpg.

Be afraid.. be VERY afraid. This little gadget distracts the hell out of drivers.

Oh yeah.. and I was in Alabama the other day and there are these signs all over the place. I don't think that I've ever seen one l i k e it in TN but I've always wondered what they lead to.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Default RE: So I was driving around in the new Prius today and I've gotta say...

Toyota did all of that just to **** you off sir.

Old 08-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Default RE: So I was driving around in the new Prius today and I've gotta say...

No you can actually see the yellow lines in the 2nd pic! I'm amazed at their ingenuity. But I was in a particularly foul mood today.. I got in a big argument with a staff member at UAH and seriously wanted to wring her kneck.. so I started to get angry at the car too.. I need to bring a video camera when I drive though and show you guys some of the completely stupid things I see on my drives. I saw a dude on a lawnmower that apparantly was driving down the highway and got pulled over by an undercover cop. You wouldn't believe the **** I see though. I live in bum fck nowhere and I drive through areas that the truck to car ratio is 2.43:1.. not to mention the cars in fields/front yards to vehicles actually on the road ratio is through the roof.. I'd take a guess and say that the 100 yr old farm equipment laying in fields to other vehicles ratio is prolly about .261:1 Yes these are all actual statistics

Old 08-02-2008, 01:06 AM

Yeah those windows are to reduce blind spots and keep you on the road (believe or not people actually do need things li ke this sadly). Thanks for the write up.

Old 08-02-2008, 03:05 AM
Default RE: So I was driving around in the new Prius today and I've gotta say

Next time, get a Honda =)

Old 08-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Default RE: So I was driving around in the new Prius today and I've gotta say

in spite of your review, our small Toyota dealership has a 19 month waiting list for new prius's