CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   So annoyed (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/so-annoyed-151756/)

CBRach 04-25-2014 04:32 AM

So annoyed

Sorry I'm going to have a rant!!! Whilst on a weeks motorcycling round Wales I got hit by a car. I was going straight on at a roundabout in the right hand lane and this car was in the left hand lane travelling from the same direction as me. This car decides to turn right with no indication into my path. Now rules at a roundabout are (correct me if I'm wrong) turn left or straight on in the left hand lane and turn right and straight on in the right hand lane.

There was some paint damage to her offside wheel arch which can easily be removed. My bike has got a cracked top fairing a scratched mudguard and my indicator was bent back, this was all on my nearside.

What makes me so angry is that she is denying liability stating I hit her from behind. I have photos that prove she's at fault so why can't she just hold her hands up so I can get on with the repairs. Isn't that what insurance is for?

74demon 04-25-2014 07:09 AM

Drivers in cages are stupid, unless its a rider on a non-riding day. Always expect them to do the dumbest things. Remember, you are invisible out there. They should all be required to spend some time on 2 wheels before getting in 4.... The roads would be a much nicer place to be!

Sounds like you didn't get hurt too bad. How's the bike?
I hope this doesn't discourage you from riding.

Consider getting a gopro or some other kind of mountable camera. It comes in handy at times like this. I finally picked one up last year and use it every time I ride. It's part of my gear. Most of the time it captures nothing eventful and the footage gets deleted, but sometimes it gets some great new riding footage or captures some pretty crazy things that happen. Let's hope I never need to show it as proof of something serious. If I have it, maybe it won't happen....

Conrice 04-25-2014 08:26 AM

That sucks to hear.

Driving is one of those things where people think they are great at it no matter what. Even when they clearly make a mistake - it's not their fault... "everyone else is a terrible driver, it couldn't have possibly been me..."

"That guy came out of nowhere"
"No one knows how to drive"

You can go on and on and on...

Show your insurance company the pictures. Show the police your pictures. That's your recourse.

splash 04-25-2014 09:41 AM

Cop: "Who's fault was it?"
Driver in accident: "I don't know, I wasn't looking"

Kuroshio 04-25-2014 09:46 AM

Driver Who Killed Cyclist Blames Crash on New Car Smell | Complex

Texting Driver Who Slammed Cyclist: I, Like, 'Just Don't Care'

Some people suffer from a lack of personal responsibility. It's a statement of the person's character, or lack thereof, than people or types of people in general. Go on about proving your case, get your bike fixed and just remember: some people are just broken

CBRach 04-27-2014 01:48 PM

Thanks guys.

I think I will be investing in a GoPro, my husband has one, he had his on his lid at the time, unfortunately he was in front and had long gone. I had to call him back lol. The woman said she saw him go by and saw me too. My response to that was "then why did you turn right you silly cow". She asked why I was so angry and said I was stressing her out. Thankfully my husband was back by that time and diplomatically explained why a biker would be so angry of being knocked off their bike, before I completely lost it and got locked up haha ��.

I suppose it could have been worse lol. At least I didn't get injured!

Sprock 04-27-2014 02:14 PM

Clearly she's wrong coming from inside traffic lane on a wide roundabout cutting you off
"essentially" side swiping you. Happy to hear you are none the worse for wear from it. :)

I'd simply claim she sideswiped you from the inside making a last minute maneuver
without due care and attention.

Of course for us this side of the pond we have to visualize everything in reverse for
you leftie riders in the UK :D